Practice/Industry Group Overview
Make competition work.
Mintz Levin’s Antitrust practice spans the full spectrum, including:
- Analyzing antitrust issues that affect business relationships and the structure or outcome of a transaction;
- Shepherding through the merger review process transactions of the size and scope that draw the attention of federal antitrust agencies;
- Litigating antitrust cases, including criminal antitrust matters;
- Representing diverse clients in federal antitrust investigations; and
- Structuring competitor collaborations
Much of our antitrust practice involves addressing business issues impacting the health care, communications and media, energy and clean technology, financial services, and life sciences industries. We represent Fortune 500 companies, joint ventures, small businesses, and not-for-profit entities in global antitrust and competition-related matters.
Our most senior antitrust practitioners have decades of private practice antitrust experience. Several have held positions in antitrust enforcement agencies and have had leadership positions in the Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association. All are frequent speakers and authors in the antitrust field.
Mintz Levin attorneys also have significant experience interacting with both the executive and legislative branches of government. They have dealt with a wide range of regulatory agencies and issues, and have effectively challenged governmental decisions in court and in administrative proceedings. We help our clients understand federal policies and regulations, and work to influence the development of federal law by anticipating and dealing with governmental actions that might adversely impact our clients’ interests.
In our Federal Regulation work, Mintz Levin attorneys:
- Counsel clients regarding regulatory and federal litigation matters;
- Engage in executive branch and agency proceedings and rulemakings; and
- Represent a diverse group of individuals, businesses, and trade associations before Congress.
Our clients benefit directly from our attorneys’ experience with all three branches of the federal government. We bring this experience to bear when counseling clients on how to solve or avoid problems, helping them prevail in a necessary governmental action, and providing insight into governmental activity to help them more effectively conduct business affairs.
Mintz Levin’s Washington, D.C., office maintains an active legislative practice spanning a broad cross section of issues and key Congressional committees. We also frequently deal with the following agencies:
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Justice
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Trade Commission
- Food and Drug Administration
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Securities and Exchange Commission
Several former government officials from both the legislative and executive branches who are now practicing at Mintz Levin provide valuable perspective and firsthand experience to our federal representation. Our most senior litigators in Washington bring to their practices the perspective of federal judicial clerkships and decades of experience in federal court litigation.