Practice/Industry Group Overview
Morris Polich & Purdy’s Aviation & Marine Practice Group has considerable depth of knowledge of the transportation industry, as well as the regulatory and liability environment in which it operates. We have over 30 years of jury trial experience in federal and state courts. This vast experience as trial attorneys allows us to propose resolution strategies that avoid prolonged litigation or the possibility of being sued in the first place. We also advise and assist our clients with a wide range of general and specialized transactional issues.
We represent all types of transportation clients, including:
- Ocean carriers
- Cargo and shipping companies
- Corporate aviation departments
- Aircraft owners and operators
- Trucking companies
- Commercial rotorcraft operators
- Fixed-base operators
- Aircraft and component manufacturers
- Leasing companies
- Repair stations
Our experience representing aviation and marine clients before state and federal administrative agencies, as well as trial and appellate courts, includes matters involving:
- Cargo claims
- Products liability
- Personal injury
- Marine insurance
- Toxic torts
- Aircraft leasing and financing
- Employment disputes
- Regulatory compliance
- Aviation insurance
A CROSS SECTION OF OUR EXPERIENCE
- Our attorneys have experience in aviation and marine cargo claims, including prosecution and defense of claims under the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act and the Carmack Amendment, among others, pursuant to treaty, convention or statute.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Our attorneys have handled civil claims involving personal injury and wrongful death, including claims arising under the Warsaw Convention, the Montreal Convention, the Death on the High Seas Act, the Limitation of Liability Act, the Longshore & Harbor Workers' Compensation Act and the Jones Act.
- We advise and assist with a wide range of commercial agreements and issues, including human resource and environmental matters, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, joint ventures, real estate transactions, office and hangar leases, as well as architect and construction contracts.
- We have also advised our clients in connection with aviation law transactional matters, including aircraft modification and certification matters, repair station compliance, government contracts, and the purchase, sale, financing, and leasing of aircraft and engines.
- We have represented major insurers in claims involving marine insurance liabilities, as well as aviation liabilities.
- We provide coverage advice and representation on insurance coverage issues relating to all types of transportation policies, involving issues such as environmental and pollution claims, aircraft component recalls, as well as claims involving major casualties.
- Our attorneys understand that transportation employers face unique challenges, and we represent such clients in employment matters specific to transportation industries.
- We represent transportation clients in all types of employment matters, such as harassment, discrimination, retaliation, as well as wage and hour disputes.
- Our attorneys have experience representing aviation and marine clients before state and federal appellate courts in numerous jurisdictions across the country, involving such diverse issues as major casualties, insurance coverage and pollution.