- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Law
- Public Offerings
- Communications and Media
- Natural Resources
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Commercial Law
|Contact Info||Telephone: +44 20 7629 8700|
Fax: +61 2 9777 8777
|Education||University of New South Wales (B.A., Hons); University of Sydney (LL.B., Hons)|
|Admitted||New South Wales, Australia; England and Wales|
|Memberships ||Law Society of England and Wales|
Law Society of New South Wales
|Transactions ||- Acting for WIN Corporation on the sale by it of Channel 9 Adelaide to the Nine Network, the granting of a call option over and subsequent sale of Channel 9 in Perth, and the renegotiation of WIN's program supply arrangements with the Nine Network and Nine Network's successful bid for the rights to broadcast Australian international cricket throughout Australia on the Nine and WIN television networks.|
- Advising Glencore International plc (and its CEO) on its merger by way of scheme of arrangement with Xstrata plc, valued (on announcement) at US$90 billion (including takeover code, corporate and contract law issues, and competition law aspects).
- Acting for Glencore International on its takeover bid for Minara Resources, valuing Minara at in excess of A$1 billion (including takeovers code, corporate and contract law issues, and competition law aspects).
Acting for TUI Travel on the innovative transfer of its Thomson and First Choice brand assets to its UK defined benefit pension schemes to plug the pension deficit in those schemes.
- Advising and assisting Royal Bank of Scotland on the mixed share and asset sale of its Global Merchant Services business (a.k.a. Streamline/WorldPay) by way of auction (sale value of £1.8 billion) to private equity buyers.
- Advising JP Morgan Asset Management and JPM Claverhouse Investment Trust plc on innovative directors' deeds of indemnity.
- Advising Lazard Asset Management on the creation of a joint venture to set up a commercial real estate investment fund.
- Acting for Fleming Family and Partners on a joint venture to set up an asset management business in Russia.
- Advising Zurich Financial Services on an intra-group capital reorganisation, including structuring and advice on meeting requirements for Upper Tier Two capital for UK regulatory capital.
- Acting for a consortium of Crestview Capital Partner and interests associated with the Rothschild family on a 25% private equity investment in Martin Currie Limited.
- Advising Royal London UK Equity and Income Trust plc (a 'split capital' investment trust listed on the Official List of the LSE) on its winding up and reconstruction.
- Acting for Finisterre Capital LLP on the issue of a minority interest to XL Capital Limited and associated US$100 million investment in Funds managed by Finisterre.
- Acting for Friends Provident plc on reassurance of a £1.9 billion annuities portfolio.
- Acting for O2 Limited on the unwind of its retail joint venture 'The Link' stores, with Dixons Retail plc.
- Advising Event Driven Limited (a fund of hedge funds managed by F&C Asset Management plc) on its admission to the Official List of the LSE.
- Acting for Resolution plc on the acquisition of the Life Insurance business of Abbey National plc.
- Advising hedge fund manager Polar Capital Holdings plc on its admission to AIM (market capitalisation on admission of £120 million).
- Acting for Polar Capital Holdings plc on the issue of a minority interest to XL Capital Limited and associated US$175 million investment in funds managed by Polar Capital
- Acting for Equitas Limited on its successful objection to an Insurance Business Transfer scheme (Part VII, FSMA).
- Advising Polar Capital Partners on the 'conversion' of its hedge fund management business to an LLP structure.
- Acting for The Coca-Cola Company in relation to a proposed acquisition of a major UK beverage company.
- Acting for MAN Group on the acquisition of a joint venture interest in an Indian brokerage.
|Profile Visibility |
|#111 in weekly profile views out of 3,914 lawyers in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|#114,561 in weekly profile views out of 1,648,112 total lawyers Overall|