Mr. Weiner practices in the areas of civil and commercial litigation. In addition to traditional commercial businesses and their management, his clients include owners, lenders, general contractors and subcontractors in construction-related disputes, and medical professionals involved in administrative proceedings before state licensing and disciplinary boards. He has tried cases in the state courts of Colorado and Montana, in the U.S. District Court and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado, and before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals. In addition, he has represented clients in appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth and Federal Circuits, the Colorado Court of Appeals, and the Colorado and Montana Supreme Courts. Mr. Weiner is a member of the American Arbitration Association's Commercial Panel of Arbitrators.
Mr. Weiner has tried numerous commercial cases in the El Paso County District Court. In December 2007, Mr. Weiner and his co-counsel obtained a jury verdict in the amount of $6,875,000. The verdict may be the largest ever awarded in a commercial case in the El Paso County District Court.
A 1981 cum laude graduate of Franklin & Marshall College, Mr. Weiner received his law degree from the University of Colorado School of Law, where he was Managing Editor of the Law Review. Following his graduation, he served as law clerk to the Honorable John C. Porfilio (Moore) at the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
During the years 2009 - 2015, Mr. Weiner served as a member of the Board of Directors of The Resource Exchange, a nonprofit agency serving developmentally disabled individuals in the Pikes Peak Region. Mr. Weiner served as President of the Board for two annual terms, and one term as Treasurer.
Mr. Weiner is a past President of the El Paso County, Colorado Bar Association and a former member of the Board of Directors of Community Partnership for Child Development (Headstart).
Mr. Weiner has been named among Colorado's Super Lawyers in the field of business litigation each year from 2006 through 2016. He is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the El Paso County Bar Association and the Ben S. Wendelken Inn of Court.
American Arbitration Association, Commercial Panel of Arbitrators
- Colorado Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Ben S. Wendelken American Inn of Court
- “A Call to Action: The Judicial Term Limits Initiative Must Be Defeated!" Pikes Peak Lawyer, August 2006
- “Bench and Bar: What Is Each Entitled to Expect from the Other?" (Part II) “What the Bench Expects from Our Bar?" Pikes Peak Lawyer, July 2006
- “Bench and Bar: What Is Each Entitled to Expect from the Other?" (Part I) “What Is the Bar Entitled to Expect from Our Bench?" Pikes Peak Lawyer, June 2006
- "Law Day Reflections," Pikes Peak Lawyer, May 2006
- "The Games People Play," Pikes Peak Lawyer, April 2006
- "Now, Pray, Dear Sir, One Word About the Sheep," Pikes Peak Lawyer, March 2006
- "Graceful in Defeat," Pikes Peak Lawyer, December 2005
- "The Grateful Client," Pikes Peak Lawyer, November 2005
- "The Judicial Activist," Pikes Peak Lawyer, October 2005
- Past president, El Paso County Bar Association
- Former member/director, Community Partnership for Child Development (Head Start)
- President, board of directors, the Resource Exchange, a nonprofit organization supporting people with developmental disabilities