Naheed Bardai has represented clients on construction matters, contractual issues, professional liability claims, tort claims and claims for breach of fiduciary duty. He has acted on behalf of mines, railways, condominiums, builders, businesses, individuals, general contractors and insurers. Naheed has appeared and conducted hearings before courts in Saskatchewan, Ontario and Alberta. He has represented clients before numerous levels of court, including provincial courts, Courts of Queen's Bench and the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
Naheed has significant experience in the area of construction and condominium law. He has extensive experience handling lien claims, construction deficiency claims, bylaw enforcement claims and new home insurance claims.
· Counsel for an investment advisor in a claim involving defamation, employment law issues, contempt of court, abuse of public office and unlawful interference with economic interests.
· Counsel for a condominium corporation in a claim involving bylaw interpretation and enforcement.
· Counsel for a prominent builder in lien dispute matters.
· Counsel for individual home owners in construction deficiency claims.
· Counsel for a major railway in derailment claims.
· Counsel for property owners and insureds in occupier's liability claims.
· Counsel for an insurer that provides coverage for purchasers of new homes.
· Counsel for professionals (doctors and dentists) in connection with partnership and other business disputes.
· Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association - Past-President
· Canadian Condominium Institute (Northern Saskatchewan) - Director; Former President
· Junior Achievement Saskatchewan - Director (since 2007)
· Ismaili Counsel for the Prairies - Vice-Chair of Legal Affairs
· United Way Saskatoon Professions Division - Volunteer
Papers & Presentations
· "Disclosure Obligations Pursuant to the new Rules of Court", Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association Conference (2013).
· "Chambers Advocacy", Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association (2013).
· "Fiduciary Duties of Boards", Canadian Condominium Institute Spring Conference - Presenter (2012).
· Queen's Bench Rules Seminar, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association Conference - Co-Chair (2011).
· "Condominium Law Issues", with Ashley Smith, CBA Saskatchewan Mid-Winter Meeting(2010).
· "What Do I Need to Know When Buying a Condo?", Condo Voice Magazine, May 2010.
· "Consent, Capacity and Record Keeping", Saskatchewan Paediatric Residents' Conference (2010).
· Planning for Success: Critical Steps in the Litigation Process, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association Conference (Co-Chair, May 2010).
· "How Does the Limitations Act Affect Possible Amendments to Pleadings?", The Saskatchewan Advocate, September 2008, Volume 10, Issue 3.
· "Who Pays After Damage?", Condo Voice Magazine, November 2008.
· "Saskatchewan's New Limitations Act" (February, 2005).