- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & Securities Litigation
- Securities Enforcement & Investigations
- Financial Products Litigation
|University ||University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Economics/European History, cum laude, 2001|
|Law School||New York University School of Law, J.D., 2004 Articles Editor for the Annual Survey of American Law|
|Admitted||2006, New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York; U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit|
Nathan Bull concentrates his practice on complex securities and commercial litigation in state and federal court, including many matters defending directors and officers and numerous representations involving complex financial instruments and structured products. In particular, Nathan has substantial experience representing clients in complex contractual disputes, merger litigations and bankruptcy-related proceedings, as well as class action, shareholder derivative and RICO litigations. Nathan also has extensive experience in a variety of regulatory matters and enforcement actions brought by various federal and state entities and departments.
Nathan received a B.A. in Economics and European History from the University of Pennsylvania in 2001, cum laude, and earned his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 2004, where he was an Articles Editor for the Annual Survey of American Law. He is admitted to practice in New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Nathan has served in key roles for a variety of matters, including the following representative commercial and securities litigations:
• Currently representing a monoline insurer in connection with civil actions to recover billions of dollars of losses arising out of financial guaranty insurance that it provided in connection with residential mortgage-backed securitizations.
• Currently representing Walkers Fund Services, Walkers SPV and the outside directors of the Bear Stearns High Grade Structured Credit Strategies Funds in connection with multi-billion dollar litigations brought by the Caymanian joint liquidators of the funds.
• Currently representing a major chemical company in connection with an antitrust and RICO action brought by the Republic of Iraq arising out of Saddam Hussein's corruption of the UN-administered Oil-For-Food Program.
• Represented the estate of American Home Mortgage Corp. in connection with a complex litigation arising out of its $550 million acquisition of the stock and assets of a large mortgage loan originator.
• Represented the former outside directors of Tyco International Ltd. in connection with multi-billion dollar securities class actions and shareholder derivative suits stemming from the criminal activities of Tyco's former management team.
Nathan also has served in lead roles in connection with numerous enforcement matters with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other state and regulatory entities, including:
• Currently representing a private equity firm in connection with an investigation brought by the SEC.
• Represented a major financial institution in connection with a wide-ranging criminal and regulatory investigation into its participation in the auction rate securities market.
• Represented the independent directors of an offshore hedge fund in connection with an investigation brought by the SEC.
• Represented a large hedge fund in connection with its role structuring a high profile synthetic CDO transaction.
|Profile Visibility |
|#9,756 in weekly profile views out of 88,424 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#151,582 in weekly profile views out of 1,515,052 total lawyers Overall|