Neema M. Bell has extensive experience in all types of commercial and employment defense litigation. She regularly represents small and large business clients in a variety of business disputes, litigation and administrative matters. Neema has substantial experience in a number of specialty areas including employment, media and constitutional law, and class actions.
Neema began her legal practice as a law clerk for the Honorable Richard B. McQuade, Jr., United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division. For the past 24 years she has been primarily engaged in defending civil litigants. Neema has extensive experience in representing both individuals and business clients in commercial disputes.
In the employment area, Neema has been recognized in Best Lawyers of America® in the civil rights and employment area and has successfully handled significant numbers of sexual harassment and other civil rights investigations, administrative matters before the Ohio and Michigan Civil Rights Commissions, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the U. S. Department of Education and has defended against civil actions stemming from those types of administrative matters.
She also has significant experience representing clients in disputes arising under various federal laws, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Federal Rehabilitation Act (FRA), Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), environmental and civil rights laws.
· Mercy College of Ohio Misericordia et Cura Award
· Best Lawyers in America, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
· YWCA Milestone Award, Government
· Order of the Coif
Professional and Community Affiliations
· Toledo Bar Association
· National Bar Association
· American Inns of Court, Morrison Waite Chapter, Master
· Lucas County Board of Mental Health & Recovery Services, Member, Vice Chairman of the Programs & Finance Committee
· Northern District of Ohio Advisory Council, Member
· Toledo Chapter of The Links, Inc.
· The University of Toledo College of Law National Advisory Council
· YMCA/JCC Regional Board of Trustees, Vice Chairman
· Appointed as an acting judge for the Maumee Municipal Court, Lucas County
· Mercy College Board of Trustees, former Member
· Mercy Health Partners Northern Region Emeritus Board of Trustees, former Member
· Toledo Bar Association Grievance Committee, former Member
· The University of Toledo College of Law Alumni Association Board of Governors, former Member
· WGTE-TV Board of Trustees, former Member