Practice/Industry Group Overview
Our Economic Development Group is well known for its experience assisting new and expanding businesses with capital projects in the Carolinas.
For more than 20 years, our attorneys have helped hundreds of companies, large and small, in establishing manufacturing, tourism, distribution, health care, corporate office and other commercial facilities.
We frequently handle incentives transactions, including:
- Fee-in-lieu-of-tax arrangements
- Special source revenue bonds/credits
- Industrial Development Revenue Bonds
- Tax advantaged/below market financing
- Multi-county business/industrial parks
- Jobs tax credits
- Enterprise Zone/job development credits
- Corporate headquarters and infrastructure tax credits
- Employee training programs
- Grant programs
- Design/build lease financing
- Equipment leases/synthetic leases
- Tax abatements
- Infrastructure commitments
- Income allocation and apportionment contracts
- Sales tax exemptions
We have worked with companies from across the United States, Mexico, Canada and Brazil in the Americas, from China, India, Japan, Indonesia and Korea in Asia, and from Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Russia, Turkey and Slovenia in Europe.
Our Economic Development Group provides support to the companies' project coordinators and consultants in evaluating, negotiating and documenting economic development incentives offered by state and local governments, as well as providing guidance and input on all aspects of a site selection project. Nexsen Pruet also represents state and local governmental entities in economic development transactions and in development of new programs and legislation.
As part of our civic commitment to the growth and prosperity of our communities, we support state, regional and local economic development organizations. We also work to maintain relationships with appointed and elected officials, as those positions change over time.