Practice/Industry Group Overview
Nexsen Pruet's telecommunication team understands the challenges and opportunities faced by the wireless development landscape as it has evolved from utilitarian to aesthetic. We have represented and become a trusted adviser to wireless carriers, broadcasters, and tower companies throughout the evolution of this industry. The Nexsen Pruet team has litigated telecommunication cases in both state and federal court.
Our rich involvement with local planning commissions, zoning boards, planning associations and municipalities has resulted in productive relationships that have proven invaluable in securing successful results for our clients
Nexsen Pruet's telecommunication team's skillful negotiation, careful listening and creative solution development led to the passage and revision of several tower siting ordinances through the Carolinas and coastal Georgia.
We blend a thorough understanding of the industry with experience to deliver wireless sites that include:
- Site acquisition
- Lease preparation, negotiation, and execution
- Title examination
- Preparation and negotiation of easements, release or modification of restrictive covenants
- Zoning, rezoning and variances
- Building permit application
- 911 - addressing
- Zoning hearings
- Ordinance drafting
- Ordinance text amendments
- Regulatory assistance at the federal, state, and local levels
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Assistance in testimony before legislative, regulatory, and administrative bodies
- Technology purchasing and licensing
- Representation before state and federal regulatory bodies
- Complex litigation, including disputes related to intellectual property rights, labor and unemployment, and franchise rights
Nexsen Pruet's attorneys have their fingers on the pulse of this industry from all perspectives - legal, technical, operational, regulatory, competitive, and financial - and are current in both existing and emerging technologies.
Our unique knowledge and experience enables us to provide representation on a full range of matters that affect local-exchange and long-distance carriers, wireless carriers, tower developers and equipment manufacturers.
- Led efforts on behalf of leading telecommunication association in the successful resolution of the Beaufort
- County Tower Lighting Ordinance.
- Representation of a wireless tower group in the successful passage of special use cell tower permits in Bladen and Bedford Counties.
- Led efforts in the passage of a zoning special exception for the construction of a cell tower in the historic district of Downtown Charleston.
- Succeeded in the modification of zoning ordinances in the Town of Huntersville to allow co-location on existing cell towers.
- Involved in the initial passage and subsequent revisions of local tower site ordinances throughout the Carolinas and coastal Georgia.
- Developed a tower site "appeal proof" application that gets quick results