Nick is an associate in the New York office and a member of the firm's Complex Commercial Litigation Practice Group for the international Insurance and Reinsurance Department. Nick advises clients on various matters, including government investigations, commercial disputes, compliance, complex coverage issues and class action litigation.
• Represents one of the world's largest commercial banks in an investigation by the New York State Attorney General into industry-wide mortgage lending practices.
• Advises various insurance companies and insurance brokerages responding to Market Conduct Examinations by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
• Advises one of the world's largest alternative asset managers on a variety of insurance and regulatory matters.
• Represented several insurance companies under investigation by the New York State Department of Financial Services for allegedly engaging in bad faith claims handling and settlement practices.
• Advised various insurance and reinsurance companies in complex coverage disputes, including the property and casualty, life insurance and reinsurance contexts.
• Represented an insurance company facing allegations of common law fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and violations of state consumer fraud statutes.
• Nick has handled all aspects of discovery in complex commercial litigations, and has drafted pleadings in various state courts.
Before Edwards Wildman
Prior to joining Edwards Wildman, Nick was an associate in the litigation department of a New York firm, where he practiced securities and commercial litigation.
During his third year of law school, Nick participated in the highly regarded Cardozo Criminal Appeals Clinic, where he authored and argued an appellate brief for a felony conviction before the New York State Appellate Division, First Department. While attending the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Nick also interned for the Honorable Brian M. Cogan, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, and the Office of the New York State Attorney General.
Prior to law school, Nick worked in the New York office of a prestigious international law firm, where he focused primarily on insurance and reinsurance matters.
Besides Edwards Wildman
A former member of Middlebury College's varsity football and track and field teams, Nick loves exercising and watching his beloved Washington Redskins. He also enjoys international travel, skiing and attempting to develop a half-decent tennis game.
Nick completed a six-month rotation with the Law Department of the City of New York, where he served as Special Assistant Corporation Counsel. In this capacity, Nick routinely deposed plaintiffs and defended depositions on behalf of the City of New York.
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
New York City Bar Association