|Other Areas of Law|
Trademarks & Copyrights,European & UK Patents,Privacy & Data Protection
|Education||University of Edinburgh (M.A., Economics); College of Law, Guildford (Common Professional Examination); College of Law, Guildford (LPC); University of Bristol (Intellectual Property Law & Practice)|
|Admitted||1999, England and Wales; United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office; Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market|
|Born||West Germany, October 04, 1972|
Nick is the Partner-In-Charge at the firm's London office and a partner in the firm's International Trade Mark & Copyright Protection Group.
Nick has experience in all areas of intellectual property with a particular focus on trade marks and designs. Nick advises clients on all aspects of the selection, prosecution, protection and enforcement of trade marks, brands and designs.
Nick acts for some of the world's most well known brands including leading luxury brands, apparel brands and the world's leading on-line retailer. Nick also assists the pro-bono organisation Own-It which provides advice to individuals within the creative industries who would otherwise not have access to legal advice.
Nick also works alongside the London VC team assisting new businesses with their IP needs. The London VC team supports entrepreneurs, early stage businesses and angel investors through the Firm's HIT Programme which defers legal fees for innovative business until such time as they raise significant finance or generate revenues and by offering start-up clients access to free software that enables them to write their own legal business documentation; to view please click here. We also support those that support entrepreneurs through our sponsorship and hosting of sponsoring various Angels Den events.
· Nick spent thirteen months as Acting Trademarks Counsel for Europe for a multinational beverage company, the owner of the world's most valuable brand.
· Nick is working with one of the world's leading luxury brands groups on issues relating to the use and misuse of their brands online.
· Nick has successfully prosecuted trade marks and designs across the European Union for the world's leading on-line retailer.
· Nick manages efficient and effective brand enforcement campaigns for some of the world's leading luxury, retail and consumer brands.
· Nick maintains a 100% success record in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy ("UDRP") proceedings before WIPO and similar proceedings before Nominet.
· Nick has managed trade mark infringement and passing off proceedings before the English High Court on behalf of one of the world's leading high-tech companies.
· Nick assisted one of the United States' most well known clothing brands with its successful European launch, including resolving disputes with owners of prior rights within the United Kingdom and elsewhere within the European Union.
· Nick sits on INTA's Internet Committee.
Before Edwards Wildman
Before joining the Firm, Nick was head of trade marks at the London office of Howrey LLP.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Nick tries, not always successfully, to balance his love of motor racing with spending time with his young family.
International Association of Privacy Professionals
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Nintendo Judgment Puts UsedSoft Back in the PC Box
Nicholas C.A. Bolter,Gareth Dickson, January 31, 2014
There was excitement and consternation is roughly equal measure when the Court of Justice of the European Union ruled in UsedSoft v. Oracle that developers could not use copyright to prevent the resale of “second-hand” copies of software downloaded from the Internet. The Court came...
|Profile Visibility |
|#206 in weekly profile views out of 19,973 lawyers in London, England|
|#44,918 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|