- Aviation, Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation
- Maritime, Oilfield and Insurance
- Business Litigation
- Product Defense
|Contact Info||Telephone: (504) 556-4106|
Fax: (504) 556-4108
|University ||Louisiana State University, B.A., 1990|
|Law School||Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1994 Moot Court Board, Winner, Robert Lee Tullis Moot Court Competition|
Nora Bilbro is an of counsel attorney in the firm's New Orleans office. Her practice includes the areas of toxic torts, class action litigation, insurance coverage and defense litigation, property damage, and products liability. She has also litigated and counseled clients on various contractual defense, indemnity and insurance issues. Ms. Bilbro has extensive trial and appellate experience representing large corporations and insurance companies in all aspects of litigation.
Recent Representative Matters:
· Representation of numerous chemical manufacturing companies in defense of class action cases involving the release of various chemicals. These incidents generally result in thousands of individual claims for personal injury, property damage, business interruption and inconvenience.
· Representation of insurance companies in defense of Hurricane Katrina claims, including issues involving the water damage exclusion, Valued Policy Law (VPL) and adjustment practices, and other first party property damage and bad faith claims.
· Representation of product manufacturers in products liability litigation involving industrial accidents, property damages and other serious personal injuries.
· Representation of various chemical manufacturers and premises owners in defense of claims for occupational exposure, including hearing loss and asbestos claims.
· Representation of retailers and other premises owners in defense of personal injury claims.
· Representation of insurance company in defense of class action for personal injuries due to exposure to mold.
· Representation of insurance company in defense of a suit by a Louisiana legislatively-created body asserting claims for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Louisiana State Bar Association
· Federal Bar Association
· New Orleans Bar Association
· Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
· STAIR (Start the Adventure in Reading) - Board Member
· Twinbrook Neighborhood Association - Vice President
· Twinbrook Security District - Commissioner and Board Member
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#570 in weekly profile views out of 6,169 lawyers in New Orleans, Louisiana|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|