- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Securities & Corporate Finance
- Transactional & Securities
|University ||Wayne State University, B.A., Corporate Finance, 2003|
|Law School||University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2007|
Omar A. Lucia is a senior counsel and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, practicing general corporate and business law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions across numerous industries. He is a member of the firm's Transactional & Securities, Private Equity & Venture Capital and International Practices. He is also a member of the firm's Automotive Industry Team. He is the co-editor of Dashboard Insights, the Automotive Industry Team blog (http://www.dashboard-insights.com/).
Mr. Lucia regularly represents a broad range of clients on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity transactions (including strategic transactions for portfolio companies), financing transactions, public and private debt and equity offerings and general corporate and contract counseling.
Mr. Lucia's practice also includes representation of clients in the acquisition and sale of assets in bankruptcy, as well as providing corporate and restructuring advice to distressed company clients.
• Represented Wynnchurch Capital, Ltd. and its affiliate, USP Holdings Inc. in the acquisition of United States Pipe and Foundry Company, LLC and Fast Fabricators, LLC from Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA)
• Represented a multinational automotive supplier in the sale of its manufacturing operations in Mexico
• Represented a private equity fund in its purchase of the global operations of a supplier of noise vibration and harshness products
• Represented a Spanish automotive supplier in its purchases of multiple supplier businesses in Indiana and Kentucky
• Represented Noble International, Ltd. in connection with its sale of numerous manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as part of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
• Represented a private equity fund in its stock acquisition of a commercial vehicle parts supplier from its public company parent
• Represented ProxyMed, Inc. in the sale of its electronic data services business and assets at auction in connection with its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
Mr. Lucia has also served as outside general counsel for a number of clients, including a multinational public automotive supplier and a domestic food processor.
Mr. Lucia received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was co-founder and treasurer of the Michigan Business Law Association. He received his bachelor's degree in corporate finance from Wayne State University.
Mr. Lucia is admitted to the State Bar of Michigan.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Department of Energy Makes it Easier to Access Low-Interest Financing
Omar A. Lucia, May 6, 2014
The U.S. Department of Energy is overhauling a $16 billion low-interest financing program to fund new technologies such as efficient engines, lightweight materials, and low-friction tires. This program, titled the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program, is being modified to further...
|Profile Visibility |
|#431 in weekly profile views out of 4,179 lawyers in Detroit, Michigan|
|#149,597 in weekly profile views out of 1,515,714 total lawyers Overall|