Otis McGee, Jr., a partner in the firm's San Francisco office, is a senior litigator and trial attorney.
Areas of Practice
His areas of expertise include the handling of labor and employment matters on behalf of management, and the defense of products liability, environmental and toxics matters, and general commercial litigation. He has substantial trial experience. In the products liability and consumer warranty arenas, Mr. McGee has represented manufacturers of automobiles and light trucks, consumer products, industrial equipment, tobacco, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. His employment-related experience includes the primary responsibility for single plaintiff and class-action employment litigation including claims for discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, disability discrimination and wage and hour matters.
Mr. McGee is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and was elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Mr. McGee has effectively used various forms of alternative dispute resolution for the early disposition of litigation for which he has had primary responsibility. These processes have included mediations, early neutral evaluations, settlement conferences before third party neutrals, and arbitrations. Mr. McGee also serves as a judge pro tem on the San Francisco Superior Court and as an arbitrator and mediator for the American Arbitration Association.
· Litigation Counsel of America, 2009 (Fellow)
· American College of Trial Lawyers, 2006 (Fellow)
· American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), 2001
· Northern California Super Lawyer, San Francisco Magazine, 2004-2013
· Clinton W. White Award for Outstanding Achievements in Civil Litigation, Charles Houston Bar Association, 1988
· AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
· National Board, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
· Founding Member and Master, Lawyers Club of San Francisco, American Inn of Courts
· Former Member of the Board of Directors, Northern California Association of Defense Counsel
· Former Lawyers' Representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference
· Former Commissioner, Judicial Nominees' Evaluation Commission, State Bar of California
· Former Director, Bar Association of San Francisco
· Consulting Editor, Matthew Bender Practice Guide, California Trial and Post-Trial Civil Procedure, 2006
· "Civil Litigation Before Trial", Practicing Law Institute, May 2005; "Effective Jury Voir Dire," April 1995 (videotape) and November 1997; "Federal Practice Institute," June 1992; "Effective Use of Video in Trial," (videotape), October 1991; "Fundamentals of Civil Trial Practice," May 1991; "Laying a Foundation to Introduce Evidence," (videotape) September 1988; panel program on cross-examination of plaintiff's expert economist, Lawyers' Club of San Francisco, American Inn of Courts, February 1993; 1977-1985 Hastings College of Law, Assistant Professor (Adjunct) "Evidence Advocacy"; Lecturer, Legal Writing and Research; 1977 Faculty member, Hastings College of Law, College of Advocacy; Litigating The Titanic: The Original and Greatest Disaster of This Century." American Bar Association Showcase Program, ABA Annual Convention, Toronto, Canada, August, 1998 (Videotaped), Champions of the Courtroom, The Masters in Action, State Bar of California Litigation Section, April 2001.
· California Minority Counsel Program Annual Conference, September 12, 2007