Practice/Industry Group Overview
Our litigation attorneys have represented plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of business litigation in both state and federal courts, including contract disputes, fraud actions, and similar commercial matters. We have also represented companies in litigation relating to misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, and other unlawful business practices. Members of our firm have extensive experience in bringing and defending motions for prejudgment remedies (e.g., receivership, attachment, claim and delivery).
Representative examples include:
- The firm represented hundreds of personal injury victims in a class action brought against some of the nation's largest financial institutions, and others, resulting from the loss of more than $150 million in lost funds earmarked for structured settlement payments.
- The successful defense of Imperial Bank in a $10 million action brought by the FDIC.
- Negotiation of a $9 million settlement on behalf of the United States against Dow Chemical in a product liability matter.
- Garnered a $9 million judgment against the largest private diagnostic laboratory in the U.S. and its owner based upon an oral contract to transfer to our client a 20 percent ownership interest in the laboratory.
- Representation of the owner-developer of a southern California hotel in a breach of fiduciary duty action against its management company seeking damages in excess of $50 million.
General business and commercial litigation subpractice areas:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Civil fraud
- Class actions
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial misappropriation
- Judgment enforcement
- Lender liability
- Partnership disputes
- Prejudgment remedies
- Real Estate
- Trade secrets
- Unfair competition
- Unjust enrichment