Ms. Martin, an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated partner in the firm's Scottsdale office, primarily represents governmental entities and private employers. As a member of the firm's public pension plan practice group, she is vested with the principal responsibility for managing the group's litigation, which includes the defense of large class actions involving millions of dollars. Ms. Martin has substantial experience defending employment cases of all types for public and private employers, including gender, age and national origin discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment claims, and wage and hour claims.
• Drafter, Model Uniform Rules of Local Board Procedure for the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System.
• Drafter, Model Uniform Rules of Local Board Procedure for the Corrections Officer Retirement Plan.
• Drafter, The Elected Officials' Retirement Plan Administrative Hearing Procedures.
• Moderator: Balancing It All, Arizona State University College of Law, Women Law Students Association, Women in Law Symposium, Tempe, Arizona, February 10, 2001.
• Panelist: What Senior Attorneys Will Never Tell You, Arizona State University College of Law Women Law Students Association, Women in Law Symposium, Tempe, Arizona, February 23, 2003.
• Speaker: Discipline and Termination of Injured Workers: Proactive Practices that Prevent Sound Business Decisions from Landing You in Court, Council on Education and Management, Workers' Comp Update, Scottsdale, Arizona, July 16, 1998.
• The Next Step in Performance Evaluations: Integrating Your Appraisal Process into an Overall Litigation Prevention Strategy, Council on Education and Management, Personnel Law Update, Scottsdale, Arizona, June 8, 1999.
• The Course on Professionalism, Arizona Women Lawyers Association, Maricopa Chapter, Phoenix, Arizona, September 22, 1999.
• School Premises Liability, Arizona School Resource Officers Association, Reducing School Liability, Scottsdale, Arizona, June 8, 2000.
• The Course on Professionalism, State Bar of Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona, October 18, 2002.
• How to Counsel Your Client on Email Etiquette, State Bar of Arizona Business Law Section, April 19, 2006.
• Email Etiquette, NALS of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona, June 9, 2011.
Case of Interest:
City of Phoenix v. The Honorable Kenneth L. Fields, 219 Ariz. 568, 201 P.3d 529 (2009) (notice of claim statute requires a putative class representative to include in his notice of claim a specific amount for which his individual claim can be settled; government may waive notice of claim defense by its conduct in substantially litigating the case before raising the defense by motion).
June 17, 2014 Paige Martin and Michael Sillyman Receive Successful Reversal From Arizona Court of Appeals
Kutak Rock attorneys Paige Martin and Michael Sillyman successfully defended the Elected Officials Retirement Plan (EORP), a pension system of the State of Arizona, before the Arizona Court of Appeals in Jack Cross v. EORP.
August 20, 2013 Kutak Rock Attorneys Bolster Efforts of Greater Phoenix Economic Council
Kutak Rock, a member of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC), has contributed articles to GPEC's international guide to doing business in greater Phoenix.
August 20, 2013 2013 Award of Excellence to Paige Martin in Scottsdale Office
Paige Martin in Kutak Rock's Scottsdale office is the recipient of the 2013 Award of Excellence from the Scottsdale Bar Association.
May 31, 2011 Scottsdale's Martin Wins Arizona Service Award