Patricia L. (Trish) Holland is a Shareholder in the Raleigh, North Carolina, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She is the firm's North Carolina Litigation Manager and concentrates her practice in the area of employment-related litigation and counseling on behalf of management. She is a native North Carolinian.
Ms. Holland has litigated cases before state and federal courts and various administrative agencies on behalf of management, including claims of sexual harassment, discrimination, civil rights, breach of contract, wrongful discharge and wage-hour claims. Ms. Holland is a first-chair litigator, with trial experience in federal and state courts, as well as appellate experience in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the North Carolina Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.
Ms. Holland also provides advice and counseling on employee hiring and departure issues and severance agreements. She counsels employers on various employment law matters and the development and implementation of preventive employment practices. She also conducts investigations for employers who have received complaints of harassment and discrimination.
Ms. Holland is also recognized for her expertise in public personnel law, and regularly represents cities and towns in constitutional tort litigation. She frequently advises municipalities on matters related to due process claims, public records law and open meetings law.
In addition to her employment and litigation practice, Ms. Holland is an experienced mediator of employment disputes, having trained in alternative dispute resolution at Duke University and the Harvard Program on Negotiation. In that capacity, Ms. Holland assists parties in resolving litigation and employment disputes prior to trial. Ms. Holland is a former Assistant United States Attorney with the Eastern District of North Carolina. While attending law school, she was a member of the Wake Forest Law Review and Moot Court Board.
Honors and Recognitions
•Business Leader Magazine, Woman Extraordinaire, an honor extended to 10 top women business leaders in the Triangle community (2008)
•Charter fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society
•North Carolinas Legal Elite, Employment Law (10 straight years)
•North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Women of Justice Business Practitioner Award (2012)
•Triangle Business Journal, Women in Business Award (2011)
•Triangle Impact Human Resources and Staffing Leader (2008) Patricia L.
Pro Bono and Community Involvement
•North Carolina Veterinary Medical Foundation, Inc. of the N.C. State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Board of Directors Member
• Strategies for a Successful Employment Law Mediations, Manuscript for presentation at the Defense Research Institute (DRI) Annual Meeting (October 2011) [Author]
• Violence in the Workplace: Protecting Employees and Your Clients Businesses, North Carolina Lawyers Weekly (July 2010) [Author]
• Employers Should Be on the Lookout for Harassment Claims, Business North Carolina Magazine (June 2010) [Author]
• Job-Candidate Selection and the Internet, Business North Carolina Magazine (June 2008) [Author]
• Love is in the Air: Dealing with Workplace Romance, Business North Carolina Magazine (June 2004) [Author]
• E-Mail, Voice Mail and the Internet: Employer Liability for Employees Acts, Business North Carolina Magazine (October 2002) [Author]
• The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, Business North Carolina Magazine [Co-Author]
In the News
May 19, 2015 Chambers & Partners
Jackson Lewis Attorneys Ranked in 2015 Chambers USA Guide
May 19, 2015
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (May 19, 2015) Jackson Lewis P.C., one of the country's largest and fastest-growing workplace law firms, is pleased to announce the firm and 62 of its attorneys have been recognized in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, a prestigious annual guide ranking...