|University ||University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, B.A., with honors/highest distinction Phi Beta Kappa|
|Law School||Harvard Law School, J.D.|
|Admitted||2004, Illinois; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar member)|
|Born||Charlotte, North Carolina, January 22, 1979|
Patrick Frye is an associate in the Insurance and Reinsurance Department of Edwards Wildman. He represents insurance and reinsurance companies in commercial litigation of all varieties, including antitrust and coverage. Patrick regularly advises clients on litigation strategy and appears in arbitration and in both state and federal judicial proceedings.
· Successfully represented a reinsurer in two proceedings against a cedant. As second chair in an arbitration, won an award ruling that the WTC attack was one event only. As second chair in a trial in the Southern District of New York, won a $5.1 million verdict to remedy the cedant's overcharges of reinstatement premium protection.
· Represent a Lloyd's Syndicate in the District of New Jersey against a putative class claiming antitrust and RICO violations premised on insurers' payments of commissions to brokers.
· Represented a reinsurer in a three-week evidentiary hearing in the Southern District of New York concerning the redomestication of a captive insurance company from Massachusetts to Bermuda.
· In an arbitration, represented an insurer that denied indemnity coverage to a British investment firm accused of manipulating the split capital investment trusts securities sector after extensive investigation by the United Kingdom's Financial Services Authority.
· In the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, won dismissal in favor of the parent company of an insurer. Represented the client in actions simultaneously pending in state and federal court.
· Represented an insurer in the Circuit Court of Cook County in a Protest Monies Act case against the Illinois Department of Revenue. Defeated the Department's motion to dismiss and won summary judgment in the client's favor.
· Served as the lead - and only - counsel in a jury trial in the Circuit Court of Cook County on behalf of a plaintiff car purchaser against a dealership for breach of warranty. As second chair, won a verdict in the Circuit Court of Cook County in favor of a car manufacturer accused of breaching its warranties.
· Represented an investment bank in a putative class action pending in Indiana state court. The trial court denied the plaintiff's motion to certify the class.
· Won an appeal in the Appellate Court of Illinois, Third District, on behalf of an investment bank; the Appellate Court affirmed the trial court's stay of the plaintiff investor's lawsuit pending progress in a class action filed in federal court.
· Represented clients in multiple mediations conducted by magistrate judges in the Northern District of Illinois.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,051 in weekly profile views out of 21,100 lawyers in Chicago, Illinois|
|#251,415 in weekly profile views out of 1,505,564 total lawyers Overall|