Mr. Convery's practice is devoted primarily to Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Law, Business Transactions and Business Litigation. Mr. Convery has counseled clients on a wide variety of business matters.
Mr. Convery represents purchasers and sellers of businesses, including transactions involving asset sales, stock purchases, mergers and consolidations. Mr. Convery also advises clients in the planning, formation, organization, establishment and restructuring of businesses, including corporations, general partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability companies. He prepares shareholder agreements and operating agreements for new and existing owners of corporations and limited liability companies, including buy/sell arrangements and handles ongoing counseling of clients in various business agreements, such as distributorship agreements, equipment lease agreements, employment agreements and loan and other financing documents. He also counsels clients in various business litigation matters. He has also represented hospitals in financing transactions and provides support to the firm's Health Care Law practice area on various business matters.
Mr. Convery's recent transactional experience includes the representation of numerous clients in various asset purchase and stock purchase transactions involving sales and distribution businesses and other businesses (including negotiation of financing relating to many of those transactions), four (4) transactions involving the purchase and sale of assets of psychiatric hospitals, the merger of an exclusive waterfront nonprofit continuing care retirement community with a large nonprofit entity, and financings of multiple hospital projects with the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority and other multi-million dollar financings with the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority. Mr. Convery's recent litigation experience includes representation of a public medical device company in a multi-million dollar contract litigation, representation of a large hospital chain in connection with a class action litigation and other various business and corporate litigation matters.
• SEC Clarifies Effect of Whistleblower Definitions as New Bill Pushes Extension of Time to Enforce Securities Law Violations, NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, August 24, 2015
• M&A And The ACA, NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, January 21, 2015
• Antitrust and Physician Mergers, New Jersey Healthcare Law Blog, October 21, 2014
• Recent Development Regarding Fee Shifting By-Laws Under ATP Tour, NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, July 16, 2014
• SEC Currently Examining Potential Changes To Accredited Investor Definition, NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, June 4, 2014
• Great Hill Equity Partners and the Attorney-Client Privilege in Corporate Mergers - Have We Opened Pandora's Box? NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, May 27, 2014
• Top Ten Changes Physician LLC Members Should be Concerned About Regarding New LLC Law in New Jersey, NJ Physician Magazine, April 2014
• Important Changes that LLC Members Should be Concerned About Regarding New LLC Law in New Jersey, NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, April 28, 2014
• Anti-Assignment Provisions And Reverse Triangular Mergers, NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, May 1, 2013
• New Package Of Laws Makes Important Changes To New Jersey's Corporate Statutes, NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, April 18, 2013
• New $25 Million Angel Investor Tax Credit Program to Encourage Early Investment in New Jersey's Innovative and Emerging Technology Businesses, NJ Corporate & Securities Law Blog, February 11, 2012
• New NJ Law Provides Corporate Tax Credits To Foster Job Creation, January 2012
• Changes To Disclosure Requirements For Hart-Scott-Rodino Premerger Notification Rules And Form, July 2011
• Clean Energy Solutions American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Combined Heat and Power Program, July 2010
• Hospital Medical Records Copying - Treacherous Waters?, Garden State Focus, August/September 2003
•Selected as 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 Super Lawyers New Jersey Rising Star
• The Implications of the ACA on Small Businesses , GH&C Seminar, March 2015
•The Limited Liability Company: The Preferred Entity For Real Estate Acquisitions & Development, GH&C Seminar, October 2014
Other Professional and Personal Information
Mr. Convery lives in Holmdel, New Jersey with his wife Jennifer and three children.