Paul is a shareholder in the Health Care Department in the Allentown office of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin. He began his career as a prosecutor, but in recent years has focused his professional efforts on matters including medical/professional liability defense, corporate/commercial litigation, construction/real estate litigation and civil rights litigation.
An active trial attorney, Paul has tried more than 100 cases to a jury verdict. He has successfully defended countless professional liability matters, including a high percentage of medical and legal malpractice cases. He has represented physicians, physician groups, nurses, psychiatrists, hospitals and long-term care facilities in medical liability matters and attorneys, law firms and real estate agents in professional liability actions. Paul has also represented builders and contractors in construction cases, as well as government agencies in civil rights cases.
Paul received his undergraduate degree at the University of Notre Dame and his juris doctor from the Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a business editor of The American Criminal Law Review. He then began his legal career as an assistant district attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office where, as a member of the homicide unit, he was entrusted with significant cases including numerous capital murder prosecutions. Paul was also selected to serve as a special assistant United States attorney to assist in the coordination of a joint federal and local arson task force that culminated in the successful investigation and prosecution of the Quaker Lace factory arson, which was subsequently selected as a model for arson investigations and prosecutions nationwide.
Paul maintains an active role in the community and has served as a member of the advisory board for the Lehigh County Office of Children and Youth.
• Oh, What a Tangled Web We Weave: How the Internet Can Make or Break the Medical Professional Negligence Case, 63 rd Annual Joint Meeting of the Lehigh County Bar Association and Lehigh County Medical Society, September 9, 2014
• Highlights in Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Law, 2013 Trends in Health Care and Health Law Seminar, Marshall Dennehey, November 7, 2013
• Caring for Yourself While Caring for Your Patients, Sacred Heart Hospital of Allentown's Family Practice Residency Program, January 2010
• CLE Trial Advocacy Seminar: Closing Arguments, 2008
• Anatomy of a Lawsuit, Sacred Heart Hospital, 2007
• CLE Seminar on Fraud and Abuse, Insurance Society of Philadelphia, 2006
• Mitigation and Litigation, Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital, 2006
• Tort Reform and The Impact Upon Medical Practitioners, presentation for physicians at Sacred Heart Hospital, 2005
• Disclosure and Reporting of Medical Errors, presentation for physicians at Pocono Medical Center, 2005
• Patient Safety and Risk Management Seminar, presentation for physicians at Easton Hospital, 2005
• M-Care Act, Re: Expert Witness, 2003
• Death Penalty Litigation, 2001
• Cross-Examination, 1997
• Expert Witnesses, 1995
• Lectures, Re: Closing Argument, Widener University and University of Pennsylvania Law School
Honors & Awards
• AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
• Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2012-2014
• U.S. Dept. of the Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms - Service Recognition Award , 1995
Year Joined Organization: 2003