Paul is a member of the Product Liability Practice Group with a concentration in personal injury catastrophic loss cases. He has defended hundreds of cases in a three-decade long career involving burn injuries, paralysis, brain injuries, loss of limb(s) and death. He has represented a wide range of clients that include product manufacturers, construction companies, building owners, truck companies, elevator companies, dram shops and numerous other business entities.
In particular, he is adept in reviewing and analyzing catastrophic loss cases on short notice before trial for insurance companies and private enterprises and securing experts, as well as trying or otherwise resolving the catastrophic loss with full involvement of the insured.
Paul is among the firm's most experienced trial attorneys, having started with the firm in 1980 just after a judicial clerkship. He has represented clients who manufacture or sell aerial lift devices, elevators, industrial machinery, consumer products, clothing manufacturers and retailers, and automotive and marine products to name a few.
His construction defense work involves representation of owners, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors and tenants. Paul also handles a wide array of automobile accidents and trip and fall accidents.
Paul is an honors graduate of LaSalle University. Following graduation from college, he attended Loyola University School of Law where he achieved his juris doctor. He then clerked for James C. Crumlish, Jr., President Judge of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
Significant Representative Matters
• Defense verdict as the only defendant in the burning death of four children. (premises liability)
• Defense verdict for elevator and escalator manufacturers.
• Summary judgment in a construction case involving a paralyzed worker on the basis of an ambiguous contract.
• Extensive knowledge in dram shop, flammable fabric, forklift, material handling equipment, smoke detectors, and electrical fires to name a few.
Past Employment Positions
• Commonwealth Court, Law Clerk, 1978 - 1980
Associations & Memberships
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• Philadelphia Bar Association
Honors & Awards
• AV® Preeminent™ by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
Year Joined Organization: 1980