As a member of the Workers' Compensation Department, Paul has represented clients in workers' compensation cases including injury claims, occupational disease claims, specific loss claims and permanency claims, in addition to a number of cases involving complex subrogation issues. He has represented a variety of employers, including hospitals, nursing homes, manufacturers and small business establishments. Paul also has extensive experience handling Pennsylvania workers' compensation claims.
Paul litigates all types of workers' compensation claims on behalf of insurance carriers and self-insured employers at the trial and appellate levels. He has utilized testimony from numerous medical experts in a variety of fields and also from vocational experts.
Paul has addressed various groups, such as the Workers' Compensation Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association, and written articles for organizations such as the Pennsylvania Defense Institute. He is a co-author of the firm's monthly workers' compensation newsletter, What's Hot in Workers' Comp, featuring case law updates. For a number of years, Paul participated in updating A.M. Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys and Adjusters Insurance Law Digest in the area of workers' compensation.
•Workers' Comp Medicare Set-Asides and Conditional Payments: A Case Example, National Business Institute, Wilmington, Delaware, November 22, 2013
•Handling the Workers' Compensation Case From Start to Finish, National Business Institute, Wilmington, Delaware, December 12, 2012
• Proper Way to Utilize and Prepare a Third Party Settlement Agreement, Pennsylvania Self-Insurers Association Newsletter
• Ethical Issues Faced by Defense Counsel in Presenting Medical Evidence in Workers' Compensation Cases, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Annual Seminar
• Violation of Law by Employee Which is Established as the Cause of an Injury or Death Bars Receipt of Workers' Compensation Benefits, Counterpoint
• What's Hot in Workers' Comp, Marshall Dennehey Workers' Compensation Department newsletter
Honors & Awards
• AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
• Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
Year Joined Organization
Handling the Workers Compensation Case From Start to Finish
Seminar • Dec 12, 2012
This strategic course walks attendees through the step-by-step practicalities of handling a workers' compensation case, from initial intake through the hearing process. Paul's portion of the seminar focuses on determining the value...
The Medicare Super Lien and Other Liens Simplified
Seminar • Nov 22, 2013
Paul Tatlow, a shareholder the firm's Wilmington office, is a speaker at this full-day lien boot camp. The day-long seminar is packed with current and crucial information, practice tips, pointers, checklists, sample letters and sample forms that...