Peter Miller has wide-ranging experience in real estate finance with an emphasis on acquisitions, development, joint ventures and financings. He represents owners and developers of investment properties, including private equity funds and other titleholders in the real estate market.
Peter handles large, complicated transactions and has managed complex financial and partnership arrangements that arise in large-scale real estate transactions. He represents financial institutions in the purchase and sale of senior-junior participation interests, A-B notes and mezzanine loans.
Areas of Concentration
· Acquisition, development and financing
· Joint ventures
· Complex financial and partnership arrangements
· Real estate finance
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, New York State Bar Association
· Member, executive committee, Lawyers Division of UJA-Federation of New York
· Member, board of overseers, Jewish Theological Seminary's Rabbinical School
· Board member, Madeleine Borg Community Services, a division of Jewish Board of Family and Children Services, Inc.
· Member, board of directors, Vacamas Programs for Youth
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2011-2014
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2013
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, National - Real Estate Law, 2012-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2012
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented investment bank in development of global headquarters, which involved extensive negotiations with the owners of Grand Central Station, including the negotiation of a forced account agreement with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
· Represented a major New York real estate development organization in its $3.2 billion acquisition of the World Trade Center leasehold interests.
· Represented an investment bank in the development and financing of its new world headquarters, including the structuring of a $700 million synthetic lease for the 1.2 million square foot building.
· Represented a major New York City developer in connection with the development of a 900,000 square food mixed-use development, including the negotiation and acquisition of the development parcel from the City of New York, the negotiation of construction financing and mezzanine and the negotiation of complex operating agreements and an equity conversion option.
· Represented a New York developer in the development and financing of the Bacara Resort and Spa, a $200 million, 78-acre luxury resort in Santa Barbara, California.
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Miller prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Peter is a frequent lecturer on real estate issues