Peter Williams is special counsel in Cadwalader's Capital Markets Department and concentrates in the areas of structured finance and derivatives products. He regularly represents arrangers, asset managers, investors and issuers in a wide range of transactional and regulatory matters involving collateralized loan obligations, securities repackagings and other complex structured products. He also advises financial institution counterparties in connection with structured derivatives transactions, including credit default swaps, total return swaps and rate swaps. He has substantial experience negotiating ISDAs and related trading agreements, and has advised clients in connection with insurance-linked products.
Prior to joining Cadwalader, Peter was an institutional equities trader at Fidelity Investments.
Peter received his B.A. from the University of Michigan and his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
News & Resources
Clients & Friends Memos
• Final Credit Risk Retention Requirements for Asset-Backed Securities Transactions
Oct 30, 2014
• The Volcker Rule's Impact on Banking Entities' Ownership and Sponsorship of Structured Finance and Securitization Transactions
Dec 17, 2013
• Risk Retention for Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs): Re-Proposal Fact Sheet
Sep 02, 2013
• Treasury, Federal Reserve, & FDIC Credit and Liquidity Programs
Apr 23, 2009
• UPDATE: Understanding the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (“TALF”)
Mar 27, 2009
• Understanding the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (“TALF”)
Mar 04, 2009
• Draft U.S. Law Seeks to Regulate Credit Default Swaps
Feb 02, 2009
• SFIG ABS Vegas
Jan 21, 2014