Peter L. de la Cruz joined Keller and Heckman in 1980. Mr. de la Cruz has over 25 years of experience advising clients on antitrust, trade association and regulatory matters. His focus is on chemical regulations, compliance strategies for environmental regulations and product stewardship. His areas of emphasis include statutes on air quality and toxic substance, and occupational safety and health.
Experience: Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Mr. de la Cruz was an attorney in the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice. For his work for the National Commission for the Review of Antitrust Laws and Procedures (Shenefield Commission) in 1978 and 1979, he received the Justice Department's Special Achievement Award for sustained superior performance. Mr. de la Cruz gained substantial knowledge of the workings of the Food and Drug Administration, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and other federal agencies while representing those agencies in litigation during his tenure at Justice. Since joining Keller and Heckman in 1980, his practice has included a variety of environmental, food, antitrust and trade association matters. Much of this work has centered on the needs of companies in the plastics, chemicals, and food sectors. Mr. de la Cruz is AV PreeminentTM Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
• Formaldehyde Council, Inc.
• Styrene Information and Research Center, Inc.
• The Society of the Plastics Industry, Inc.
• Vinyl Institute, Inc.
• Vinyl Siding Institute, Inc.
• Environmental Reporting & Recordkeeping Handbook, Chapter 8 - Air Emissions, with Jean-Cyril Walker (Government Institutes 2003).
• Occupational Safety and Health Law Handbook, Chapter 4 - General Duty Clause (Government Institutes 2001).
• Food for Thought: The Emergence of Power Buyers and its Challenge to Competition Analysis, with W. Borghesani, 4 Stan. J.L. Bus. & Fin. 39 (1997).
• Environmental and Workplace Safety: A Guide for University, Hospital, and School Managers, with J. O'Reilly and P. Hagan, Van Nostrand Reinhold (1996).
• The Clean Air Act Amendments: BNA's Comprehensive Analysis of the New Law, chapter V - Air Toxics, Bureau of National Affairs (1991).
Sep 25, 2013 Keller and Heckman Attorneys to Present a Course for the Society for Chemical Hazard Communication
Oct 18, 2012 Peter de la Cruz, Herb Estreicher, and Eric Gotting to Host a Webinar for Personal Care Products Council Member Companies
Oct 18, 2011 Partner Peter de la Cruz to Speak at Vinyltec 2011
Oct 04, 2011 Peter de la Cruz to Participate in Environmental Law Institute (ELI) webinar
Apr 30, 2010 TSCA Reform Update: Keller and Heckman LLP Hosts Webinar on TSCA REFORM
Apr 16, 2015 Webinar: TSCA Reform, Ready for Prime Time?
Aug 20, 2014 OSHA 30/30 - August 20, 2014
Jan 15, 2014 OSHA Inspection of Whistleblower Complaints Based Primarily on Termination Following A Safety Complaint
Dec 18, 2013 OSHA 30/30 - Updates with Manesh Rath
Jun 11, 2013 Registration is Closed - A Webinar on TSCA Modernization and The Chemical Safety Improvement Act of 2013
Sep 13, 2012 Registration is Closed - A Webinar focusing on The Committee Mark-up of Senator Frank Lautenberg's Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 - September 13, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Register Today for a Webinar: The Substitution Principle Comes to California -- Learning from the EU Experience - June 28, 2012
Oct 04, 2013 What is California Up To? - The Initial List of Candidate Chemicals is Published
Aug 05, 2013 EPA Proposes Rules to Implement the Formaldehyde Emissions Standards for Composite Wood Products and Deviates Greatly from California's Standard
Aug 05, 2013 Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works Holds Hearing on TSCA Reform
Jun 19, 2013 Dual Column Integrated Presentation of TSCA and CSIA
May 22, 2013 Summary - Chemical Safety Improvement Act of 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Statistical Programs Under Antitrust Scrutiny
Nov 15, 2012 It's the evidence; IARC Group 2B Proposition 65