Peter Dodson focuses his practice on the representation of lenders in connection with bankruptcy-remote commercial mortgage loan originations, commercial mortgage backed securitizations, and asset-backed securitizations.
Peter received a B.A., two M.A.s (one in Economics), a Ph.D. in Foreign Affairs, and a J.D. from the University of Virginia. He is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the State of Virginia (inactive), and the District of Columbia.
News & Resources
Clients & Friends Memos
• S&P Reconsiders De-Linked Rating for Bank-Sponsored Securitizations That Fall Outside FDIC's Final Safe Harbor Rule
Nov 22, 2010
• S&P Likely to Refuse De-Linked Ratings for Bank-Sponsored Securitizations That Fail to Meet FDIC's Final Safe Harbor Rule
Oct 27, 2010
• FDIC Adopts Final Securitization Safe Harbor Rule
Oct 11, 2010
• FDIC Approves Final Securitization Safe Harbor
Sep 28, 2010
• Securitization Reforms: What is the Current State of Play?
May 26, 2010
• FDIC Seeks “Stronger, Sustainable Securitizations” by Imposing Additional Conditions to Eligibility for Securitization Safe Harbor
May 21, 2010
• Lehman Court Finds Payment Priority Provision Is Unenforceable Ipso Facto Clause, And Must Be Part Of Swap For Safe Harbor Protection
Jan 29, 2010
• The Revised FDIC Securitization Safe Harbor Rule; The FDIC Responds to Changes in GAAP Accounting Rules with Proposed Sweeping Regulation of Bank Securitization Structures
Dec 22, 2009
• American Home Court Denies Bank's Deficiency Claim by Accepting Discounted Cash Flow Valuation of Mortgage Loan Portfolio Subject to Repurchase Agreement
Sep 17, 2009
• GGP Bankruptcy Court Denies Motions to Dismiss Twenty Property Level Bankruptcy Cases as Bad Faith Filings
Aug 13, 2009
• Lenders File Motions to Dismiss Twenty-One General Growth Properties Bankruptcy Cases as Bad Faith Filings
Jun 04, 2009
• General Growth Properties Bankruptcy Court Enters Final Order on Cash Collateral, Cash Management, and DIP Financing Issues
May 18, 2009
• General Growth Properties Bankruptcy Court Defers Final Ruling on Cash Collateral, Cash Management and DIP Financing Issues
May 11, 2009
• Delaware Bankruptcy Court Decision in SemCrude Poses Setback to Triangular Setoff
Jan 16, 2009
•Representative CMBS transactions include Bear Stearns' $20 billion mortgage and mezzanine financing of Blackstone's acquisition of Hilton Hotels in 2007, JPMorgan's $7 billion mortgage and mezzanine financing of TPG/Apollo's acquisition of Harrah's in 2008, Bank of America's $460 million financing of Florida East Coast Industries in 2009, JPMorgan's $2 billion mortgage financing of Centerbridge/Paulson/Blackstone's purchase of the assets of Extended Stay Hotels in 2010, and Wells Fargo's $1.4 billion mortgage and mezzanine financing of Blackstone's acquisition of the United States assets of Centro in 2011. He also represented JP Morgan in the Station Casinos bankruptcy case in connection with challenges to a propco/opco loan structure, a highly complex negotiation of a sale of the debtors' assets, and related liquidating plans, which went effective in the spring of 2011.