Philip M. Hymanson has represented a wide range of clients in more than 120 jury trials. Prior to joining the firm, he served as president and litigation chair of the oldest incorporated law firm in Nevada.
Philip began his legal career as a prosecutor and litigated many multi-defendant, high-profile crimes. As a prosecutor, he represented the District Attorneys' Association, the Attorney Generals' Office and law enforcement agencies at the state legislature. He was instrumental in drafting, testifying and bringing into law legislative changes that have impacted all fifty states, including the Nevada Civil RICO Legislation.
Areas of Concentration
· Complex commercial litigation
· Product liability
· Pharmaceutical and medical devices
· Professional liability
· Construction law
· Aviation law
· Health care
· Wrongful death cases
· Medical malpractice
· Fraud cases
· White collar crime
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, College of Liberal Arts, Community Advisory Board
· Contributor, Las Vegas Philharmonic
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Bishop Gorman Knights
· Member, Boy Scouts of America
· Sponsor, Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Real Estate, 2013-2014
· Listed, VEGAS INC, "Top Lawyers," Litigation, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2011-2013
· Listed, Nevada Business magazine, "Legal Elite: The Silver State's Top Attorneys," 2011
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 4.8 out of 5
· Represented General Electric in a multimillion-dollar power plant case regarding alleged defective generators.
· Represented Nevada Power Company in electrocution and wrongful death cases.
· Lobbied at the Nevada State Legislature on behalf of the Muscular Dystrophy Association Society to continue collection of donations in Nevada.
· Represented General Motors, Chrysler and Honda in wrongful death litigation.
· Tried several debilitating brain injury cases and delivered one case $34 million less than the offer of judgment.
· Lead trial counsel for Wyeth Pharmaceutical for the Fen-Phen litigation in Nevada.
· Represented sports companies regarding contracts with athletes and marketing agreements with athletes.
· Represented medical doctors in wrongful death and malpractice actions.
· Represented hospitals in malpractice claims.
· Represented lawyers in malpractice actions.
· Represented airlines in product and contract litigations.
· Assisted start-up airline in FAA certification.
· Negotiated airplane leases in the United States and Europe.
· Negotiated flight routes in the United States and Japan.
· Acted as counsel for Aker Kaverner in a mining case in Tonopah, Nevada.
· Represented professional football player regarding a fraud and embezzlement case resulting in all charges dropped.
· Represented several professional athletes in a sports memorabilia fraud case.
· Represented Southwest Gas regarding the largest explosion in Nevada history.
· Represented a man charged with first degree murder of a gang member resulting in case dismissed and all charges dropped within one week of arrest.
· Represented hospitals regarding allegations of fraudulent billing claims.
· Represented companies in defamation and slander lawsuits.
· Represented builders and owners in multimillion-dollar construction litigation.
· Represented numerous casinos in litigation matters.
· Represented several companies, including paint manufacturers in fire cases dealing with extensive monetary losses, lifetime medical care and death cases.
· Represented an international logistics services company in a tort case where plaintiff was seeking in excess of $2 million at trial, resulting in a full defense verdict by the jury.
· Represented an international crane company in a jury trial of a products liability case, resolved only four weeks after the engagement.
· Defended an international transportation company in a personal injury case that had potential exposure in the millions.