Phillip C. Gildan has wide-ranging experience in corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, and counseling a variety of industries on strategic, business, finance, governance and transactional matters. Phillip's industry experience includes public utilities (electric, gas, water, wastewater, reclaimed water, solid waste), infrastructure development, public private partnerships, government proprietary businesses, and clubs and resorts.
Areas of Concentration
•Public utilities (electric/gas/water/sewer/stormwater)
•Public Infrastructure (development / financing / privatization / municipalization / P3s)
•Government enterprise funds (formation / governance / management / rate making / procurement / project development / dispute resolution)
•Mergers and acquisitions / project finance / management consulting
•Club and resort ((acquisition, formation, membership plans, governance, management, equity conversion, dispute resolution).
Associated News & Events
07.22.11 Greenberg Traurig Takes Top Spot in Florida on mergermarket Legal Adviser Second Quarter League Table
10.04.02 Florida Water Services Announces Sale
02.01.02 Marrying New Electric Generation Facilities with Existing Wastewater Treatment Plant Facilities
12.28.98 Membrane Technology Helps Martin County Solve Water Woes
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
• Public Proprietary Businesses: Optimizing Value for the Community, International Municipal Lawyers Association, October 2012.
• Marrying New Electric Generation Facilities with Existing Wastewater Treatment Plants, Public Works, February 2002.
• Electric Deregulation Provides Opportunity for Wastewater Treatment Facility Owners, Water Engineering & Management, June 2002.
• Turning the Tables: What To Do If Your Communication Site is Condemned, Business Radio, June 1995.
• The Argument Against Wholesale Utility Rates, American City and County, April 1994.
• Country Club Turnover Time, Developments, June 1997.
•Co-author in The Anatomy of a Quick-Take, American City and County, March 1991; and Quality Cities, February 1993.
•Experienced lecturer on such topics as Utility Revenue Generating Strategies; Utility Restructuring; Municipalization of Private Utilities; Privatization of Public Infrastructure; and Utilities Changing Environment.
Awards & Recognition
•Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of America's Best Corporate Law Firms, 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
•Selected by peers as Leading American Attorney
•Listed, Who's Who in America; Who's Who in the World; Who's Who in American Law
•Rated, AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.