Quinn Williams has represented public and private corporations, entrepreneurs, and investment funds for more than 20 years. Quinn's M&A representations have included both Fortune 500 and middle market companies in technology, retail, media, manufacturing and specialty service industries throughout the United States. As a past board member and general counsel for two Arizona-based public companies, Quinn advises on board governance and compliance matters.
Areas of Concentration
· Private and public equity and debt financings
· Mergers, acquisitions and recapitalization
· Technology licensing and joint venture transactions
· Franchising and intellectual property compliance
· Board of directors (corporate governance)
Professional & Community Involvement
· Director's Emeritus, Arizona Technology Council, 2008-Present
· Board Member, American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter, 2008-Present
· Board Member, Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce, 1998-Present
· Board Member, Governor's Council on Innovation and Technology, 2003-2008
· Board Member (2004), President (2002) and Chairman 2003, Enterprise Network
· Board, Arizona Technology Council Executive Committee, 2002-2008
· Chairman, Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC), 2000-2001
· Vice Chair, Governor's Regulatory Review Commission, 1999
· Founder - Chair, Arizona Venture Capital Conference, Phoenix 1992-1993
· Founding Chair, Governor's Small Business Executive Council
· Valley Leadership Association, Class V
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Franchise Law; Venture Capital Law, 1995-2014
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2005-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
- "Top 50 Super Lawyers in Arizona," 2007-2008, 2010, 2012-2013
· Listed, Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2011
· Team Member, The BTI Client Service All-Star Team for Law Firms, 2010-2011
· Recommended, Practical Law Company, PLC Dispute Resolution Handbook, 2008, 2010
· Member, Winning Team, "Restructuring Deal of the Year," International Financial Law Review, 2008
· Named, "2008 Centers of Influence Honorees"
· Listed, Lawdragon 3000 "Leading Lawyers in America," 2006
· Listed, "Power Players" a listing of 50 of Phoenix's top influential business leaders, The Phoenix Business Journal, 2006
· Selected, The Business Journal "Best of the Bar Award," Corporate Financing, 2005
· Listed, Phoenix Business Journal "Most Influential Business Leaders," 2003
· Selected, "Innovator of Year Award," Arizona Technology Council, 2002
· Listed, Phoenix Business Journal "Heavy Hitter Arizona All Stars," October 14, 2002
· Recipient, "U.S. Small Business Administration Award," Region IX and State of Arizona, May 1996
· Listed, "Entrepreneur of the Year Award - Arizona," Inc magazine, June 1994
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Counsel to Kona Grill, IPO for $30 million and general corporate.
· Counsel to Remy International in sale of assets for $150 million.
· Represented regional and national venture capital funds and their portfolio companies in equity and debt financings in excess of $300 million since 1998.°
· Counsel to Swensen's, Inc., a 400-store franchise chain, $30 million IPO, 34 Act compliance and franchising compliance.
· Counsel for Combined Communications Corp., a NYSE Fortune 500 Phoenix-based outdoor and broadcast media company in securities compliance, acquisition matters and merger with the Gannett Co. Inc.
· Represented Circle K, a Phoenix-based NYSE convenience store chain in setting up national franchise program including disclosure and registration matters.°
· Counsel to Regency Health, a California medical provider in buyout program and subsequent $40 million IPO.°
· Counsel to Star HRG in its sale to UICI insurance for $40 million.°
°The above matters were handled by Mr. Williams prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Contributing Author, United States Law of Trade and Investment, William S. Hein & Co., 2000
· Contributing Author, Attracting Capital From Angels, John Wiley and Sons., 2002
· Speaker, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising on various franchise topics, including financing a franchise company