Kelley Rosenbaum is a transactional lawyer in the firm's Lexington office. She focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law, advising both for profit and nonprofit entities.
Kelley assists clients with asset acquisitions and stock sales in a variety of industries. She also serves as counsel to airport sponsors with respect to various contracting matters and acts as counsel for various governmental agencies regarding compliance with the Kentucky Open Records Act. In addition, she represents multiple clients with respect to various matters related to formation, structure, operation and dissolution of corporations and limited liability companies and applications for tax-exempt status.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
· "Kentucky's Court of Appeals upholds indemnity exclusion in directors and officers insurance policy," Stites & Harbison, PLLC, Client Alert, co-author with David E. Longenecker, June 22, 2012
· "Drafting to avoid owner disputes in equine contracts," 26th Annual National Conference on Equine Law, Lexington, Ky., co-author with Robert M. Beck, Jr., May 4, 2011
· "Chapter 11: Business Combinations: Non-Tax Considerations," Kentucky Corporation Law, 2d ed. (2010), University of Kentucky CLE Publications, co-authored with Kenneth R. Sagan and Robert M. Beck, Jr., Oct. 2010
· "Lesson in Caution: Capital Call Provisions in Operating Agreements," Stites & Harbison Client Alert, co-author with David E. Longenecker, September 24, 2010
· "The Kentucky Open Records Act: An Overview and Examination of Recent Developments," co-presenter, Greater Lexington Paralegal Association, January 19, 2010
Before Stites & Harbison
Kelley joined Stites & Harbison in September 2008 after participating in the firm's summer associate program in 2007. In the summer of 2006, Kelley served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Karen K. Caldwell, United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky. While in law school, Kelley served as a staff member of the Kentucky Law Journal.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Kelley serves as a member of the Communications and Publications Committee of the Kentucky Bar Association. Kelley also serves on the Cardinal Hill Hospital Junior Board and the Fayette County Bar Association's Women Lawyer's Association board. She is also a member of the Lexington Philharmonic Guild where she is the chair of the Bylaws/Legal Counsel Committee.
Besides Stites & Harbison
In her spare time, Kelley enjoys staying active and spending time with her friends, family, and especially her Boston Terrier Lulu.
American Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Fayette County Bar Association, Women Lawyers' Association