Randal M. Limbeck is a Partner in the Omaha, Nebraska office of Jackson Lewis LLP.
Mr. Limbeck has spent more than 25 years specializing in representation of clients in the areas of ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation. Mr. Limbeck has represented clients in a broad range of industries and size, including food processing, health care, government, technology, manufacturing, agribusiness, information services, banking and professional practices. Mr. Limbeck's employee benefits and executive compensation clients include large, publicly traded companies and well known private companies, and a wide range of professional service organizations.
Mr. Limbeck's practice involves design, document drafting, employee communications, litigation and assisting clients in dealings with the IRS and Department of Labor. Some of the projects that Mr. Limbeck has been involved in include the following:
· Successful defending pension plans, employer's and welfare plans in ERISA litigation, including class-action litigation
· Drafting, implementing and counseling on more than 50 defined benefit pension plans, more than 100 profit sharing and 401(k) plans, and more than 100 welfare plans
· Assisted in termination and freezing of defined benefit plans and defined contribution plans
· Preparation of summary plan descriptions and other employee communications for hundreds of clients
· Current representation of clients with respect to IRS and Department of Labor examinations of qualified plans, including alleged prohibited transactions, to successful resolution
· Performed and implemented fiduciary governance studies to minimize potential fiduciary liability
· Reviewed and made changes to nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements for Code § 409A compliance for Fortune 500 companies, closely held companies, governmental, and charitable organizations
· Designed, drafted, and implemented stock options, restrictive stock and restrictive stock unit plans for both publicly-traded and privately-held companies
· Assisted clients in resolution of qualified plan defects, including utilization of the self-correction method and voluntary compliance program filing with the IRS
Honors, Awards and Pro Bono Activity
· Multiple recipient of the Continuing Professional Education Discussion and Leader Award of Excellence from the Nebraska Society of CPAs.
· Listed for over 10 years in "Best Lawyers in America" for Employee Benefits
· Listed in the Great Plains Super Lawyers
· Certified Public Accountant Certificate from Nebraska-1980
Bar & Professional Association Memberships
Foundation of the Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
Nebraska State Bar Association