Randolph B. Godshall is a partner in the Tax and Estate Planning Practice Group in the Orange County office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Godshall practices in family wealth planning, including all aspects of estate planning, probate and trust administration, and fiduciary litigation. Mr. Godshall specializes in creating plans for the transmission of individual wealth. He advises clients how to minimize gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes on the transfer of closely-held business interests and other family assets. He also assists clients with their charitable tax planning, advises fiduciaries regarding the administration of trusts and estates, and represents clients in trust and estate litigation and in estate tax audits.
· Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2013
· Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2006-2014
· American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (Fellow)
· Southern California Super Lawyer, 2009-2013
· 2009, 2013 Five Star: Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Manager
· Member, Trust and Estates Section, State Bar of California
· Past Chair of the Executive Committee, Trust and Estates Section, State Bar of California
· Member, Trust and Estates Section, Orange County Bar Association
· Member, Orange Coast Estate Planning Council
· Member, Estate Planning Advisory Subcommittee, CEB
· Former Adjunct Professor, Estate Planning, University of San Diego School of Law
· Member, Endowment and Planned Gifts Committee, Hoag Hospital Foundation
· Mr. Godshall is a frequent lecturer for California Continuing Education of the Bar and other MCLE providers.