Randy A. Bullard has advised multinational clients in connection with cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities and finance transactions throughout Central and South America, the Caribbean, Europe and the United States. He has represented numerous European global corporations in connection with establishing and developing their U.S. presence as well as managing their Latin American operations. He is also experienced representing public and private issuers and underwriters in equity and debt offerings and exchange listings.
Randy's capital markets work has focused on international cross-border mergers and acquisitions across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, telecommunications, media, entertainment, energy, agriculture, manufacturing and luxury goods. Randy is also a member of the Regional Boards for the firm's Latin American, Caribbean and European Practices.
Areas of Concentration
· Cross-border financing transactions
· International banking and finance
· Joint ventures and strategic alliances
· Domestic company and foreign private issuers securities offerings
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Council of the Americas
· Member, International Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Chambers Latin America Guide, Banking & Finance/M&A, 2009-2013
· Listed, Chambers Global, Banking & Finance and Corporate/M&A, 2008-2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2008-2013
· Team Member, "Corporate & Finance - Law Firm of the Year (Florida-Based)," Chambers Latin America Awards, 2010, 2011 and 2013
· Listed, Latin Business Chronicle, "Latin America's Top 50 Legal Stars," 2012
· Finalist, Daily Business Review
- "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate (Domestic) Category," 2012
- "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate (International) Category," 2012
· Member, Winning Team, Global M&A Network's 2012 Turnaround Atlas Award for "Turnaround of the Year - Upper Mid Markets" for the pre-packaged Chapter 11 restructuring and recapitalization of Satélites Mexicanos S.A. de C.V., 2012
· Team Member, Latin Lawyer magazine, "Deal of the Year - Restructuring" Award, 2012
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study," Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Selected, The M&A Advisor, Winning Deal Team - Distressed M&A Deal of the Year (Over $100mm), Turnaround Awards, 2011
· Team Member, "Focus on Latin America - Law Firm of the Year (Florida-Based)," Chambers Latin America Inaugural Awards for Excellence, 2009
· Recipient, Latin Lawyer magazine, "M&A Deal of the Year" Award, 2008
· Listed, Latin Lawyer 250 Guide, Corporate & Finance Latin America, 2007
Mergers and Acquisitions
· Represented Rowland Coffee Roasters, Inc., a privately held company based in Miami and best known for the leading Hispanic brands Café Bustelo® and Café Pilon®, in the $360 million sale of its coffee brands and business operations to The J.M. Smucker Company.
· Represented Mesoamerica Energy and the other stockholders of Energias Renovables de Mesoamerica, the owner, operator and leading developer of wind projects in Central America in the sale of a 70% majority interest of ERM to Globeleq Generation Ltd., a leading European energy company, actively developing economically sustainable energy solutions for the emerging markets of Africa, the Americas and Asia. ERM owns and operates a 23MW wind energy plant in Costa Rica and is developing the Cerro de Hula wind energy project with a designed capacity of 100 MW in Honduras. Mesoamerica Energy includes a number of the most prominent and well-respected investors from some of the largest business concerns in Central America, including airlines, banks, real estate, construction materials, and agro-industry.
· Represented Grupo Prisa and its wholly owned subsidiary Sogecable, S.A. in the purchase of a majority interest in V-Me Media, Inc., the fourth largest Hispanic television network in the U.S. V-Me is distributed in 36 metropolitan television markets and reaches 61 million households in the United States. Prisa, an Ibex-listed media company is the world's leading Spanish and Portuguese-language business group in news and other print media, radio and television broadcasting and film productions. Operating throughout more than 300 subsidiaries in 22 countries, Grupo Prisa reaches more than 50 million users through its global brands El País, 40 Principales, Santillana and Alfaguara.
· Represented the stockholders of Esco Interamerica, Ltd., an international construction equipment leasing company operating through more than 30 subsidiaries in Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvador, Trinidad & Tobago, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Mexico in its sale to an affiliate of Harsco Corporation, a worldwide industrial services company (NYSE: HSC) serving global industries, including infrastructure, metals, railways and energy.
· Represented a leading U.S. financial institution in the purchase from a multi-national European financial institution of a US$950 million Latin America loan portfolio including more than 100 syndicated, bilateral and multilateral loans in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, El Salvador, Guatemala, Costa Rica and Mexico.
· Represented consortium of investors in the US$700 million purchase of more than 1,700 retail operations of McDonald's in 17 jurisdictions in Latin America and the Caribbean.
· Represented Harvestland Overseas, S.A., the leading hybrid corn and agricultural seed developer and seed production company with operations in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Colombia and Venezuela to NYSE-listed Monsanto Company.
· Represented Salvadoran financial conglomerate Inversiones Financieras Bancosal, S.A., in the sale of a majority interest to Grupo Banistmo, S.A., a leading Panamanian financial institution. The transaction was conducted through a public tender offer through the Salvadoran Stock Exchange.
· Represented one of the oldest banks in Central America as U.S. Counsel in its merger with a Guatemalan bank, creating a financial institution with US$3.7 billion in assets.
· Represented Salvadoran financial institution in its US$900 million sale to Colombia's largest full service financial institution conducted through simultaneous tender offers in Panama and El Salvador.
· Represented Costa Rica's largest privately owned bank as U.S. counsel in its US$293.5 million sale to one of Canada's largest financial institutions, through a tender offer conducted through the Stock Exchange of Costa Rica.
· Represented Panamanian company in the US$145 million sale of a publicly traded Costa Rican manufacturing company with 30 subsidiaries located throughout Latin America to a French/Belgian conglomerate.
· Represented regional Panamanian investment company in connection with purchase of a 49.9% interest in a regional cable operator in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Costa Rica.
· Represented the largest telecommunications company in Spain in numerous transactions throughout Latin America and the United States, including the US$5.7 billion acquisition of one of the largest U.S.-based internet services and online content provider, the US$1.36 billion acquisition of a Mexican wireless carrier, and the US$250 million acquisition of a customer services company in Brazil.
· Represented a Japanese company in its acquisition of the U.S.-based operations of a manufacturer sports textile company from a German multinational.
· Represented venture capital division of leading U.S. financial institution in the sale of equity interest in the leading cable company in Argentina.
· Represented one of the largest financial services firms in the world in syndicated credit facilities, acquisition finance facilities and other financing transactions in various industries throughout Latin America, including in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Panama, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.
· Represented Salvadoran retailer in connection with US$300 million multi-currency financings secured by assets in 11 different Caribbean jurisdictions. The acquisition was consummated in part through public offers in Jamaica and Barbados.
· Represented investor in connection with a US$45 million mezzanine financing and US$50 million refinancing and venture for a regional wireless communications provider in British Virgin Islands, Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and Cayman Islands.
· Represented German foreign private issuers in various industries in connection with initial public offerings and Nasdaq listings.
· Represented underwriter in multiple follow-on offerings for a nanotechnology-focused closed-end investment fund.
· Represented Spanish and Portuguese-language sports Internet site in venture capital financings.
· Represented leading Italian telecommunications company in connection with its operations in the United States and Latin America.
· Represented U.S. electoral solutions company in domestic and international operations.
· Represented Spanish media company in its acquisition of Mexican and U.S. radio stations.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Mentioned, "Bancolombia Finally Takes Banagrícola," Latin Lawyer magazine, 2008
· Mentioned, "McDonald's Sells Latin America," Latin Lawyer magazine, 2007
· Featured, "Dealmakers: Attorneys Assist in Purchase of McDonald's Latin America," Miami Daily Business Review, August 2007
· Featured, "Dealmakers: Greenberg Traurig Attorney Works Financial Services Deal," Miami Daily Business Review, 2006
· Mentioned, "Scotiabank Expands in Costa Rica," Latin Lawyer magazine, 2006
· Mentioned, "Deal Details: Banco Occidente, Inversiones Bancosal," International Law Office, 2006
· Mentioned, "Deal Details: Asahi Kasei Fibers," International Law Office, 2005
· Mentioned, "Deal Details: Telefonica Moviles, SA," International Law Office, 2002
· Speaker, "Apples to Applications: Attracting Technology to Emerging Markets," International Bar Association, Ireland, 2012
· Moderator, "Assessing the Impact of the Global Financial Crisis," 5th Annual Latin America Predictors Forum, Miami, FL, 2009
· Panelist, 21st Latin American Selection Panel, Endeavor, Buenos Aires, Argentina
· Speaker, "Alternative Funding Methods: Weathering the Storm," Latin America Business Update, Miami, FL
· Speaker, "CEJA Joint Launch of Rule of Law Report and Reporte de la Justicia: Perspectivas para una Reforma en América Latina," Americas Society and Council of the Americas, Santiago, Chile
· Speaker, "Chile and the Changing Global Scenario," Council of the Americas, Santiago, Chile
· Speaker, Conference of the Americas, International Bar Association, Mexico City, Mexico
· Speaker, Guatemalan Bankers Association COLADE, Guatemala City, Guatemala
· Speaker, "Opportunities for Growth," Latin America Business Update, Los Angeles, CA
· Speaker, "Uruguay: Regional Opportunities in a Changing Global Scenario," Council of the Americas, Montevideo, Uruguay
(Also at New York, New York Office)