|University ||Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, B.A., 1996|
|Law School||Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, J.D., 2002|
|Admitted||2002, Pennsylvania; 2002, U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania; 2003, New Jersey|
Associations & Memberships
•Center In The Park, board member
•Philadelphia Aids Law Project, board of directors
•Philadelphia Bar Association, Women Lawyers Division
Rasheen is a member of the Health Care Liability Practice Group, working in the firm's Philadelphia office. She concentrates her practice on medical malpractice, nursing home liability and premises liability.
Rasheen has represented several of the area's largest hospitals and nursing facilities, as well as physicians and nurses, in health care liability matters. She has also represented the SPCA in a publicized case involving euthanasia and animal rights.
A 2002 graduate of the Beasley School of Law of Temple University, Rasheen was a participant in the summer associate program at Marshall Dennehey that same year. She served as the 2001 Student Bar Association vice president and was a volunteer with the Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project.
Rasheen received her Bachelor of Business Administration degree in risk management and insurance from Temple University in 1996. During her undergraduate career, she was a member of the Society of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science, and the Risk and Insurance Management Society. Rasheen worked as an underwriter for American International Companies and later for Liberty Mutual Insurance Company.
Rasheen is on the board of the AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania and is the vice president of the board of directors for Center in the Park, a non-profit community center primarily focused on the needs of older people.
• Tort Law Update, Pennsylvania Bar Association, September 2013
• Updates in Nursing Home Litigation, CLE Down the Shore: Tort Law Update, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Atlantic City, New Jersey, August 15, 2013
• Never Events; Medicare/Medicaid Reporting and Its Effects on Medical Record Documentation, County Commissioner's Association of Pennsylvania, Training Seminar/Medical Update, August 2009
• Panelist, Democratic Race, WCAU-TV (NBC): Live at Issue, April 2008
• Preparing Witnesses to Testify: Tips and Techniques to Win Your Case, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, January 2007
Honors & Awards
• Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2007-2008, 2010-2013
Year Joined Organization: 2002
|Reported Cases||Published Works: The Potential Watering Down of County Immunities and the Impact of Federal Legislation on Nursing Homes, Defense Digest, Vol. 17, No. 2, June 2011; To Get It Right, Get It In Writing, Defense Digest, Vol. 11, No. 1, March 2005|
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,570 in weekly profile views out of 15,817 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#129,265 in weekly profile views out of 1,568,853 total lawyers Overall|