- Business Restructuring & Bankruptcy
- Financial Services
- Mortgage Industry Services
- Real Estate Investment
- Asia Practice
- Public Companies
|University ||St. Joseph's University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1982|
|Law School||Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1985|
|Admitted||1985, Pennsylvania; 1986, New Jersey; Delaware; United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit|
|Born||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, December 14, 1960|
Regina Stango Kelbon is the Chair of the Business Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group for Blank Rome. She represents creditors' committees, debtors, institutional lenders, lender groups, creditors, executory contract parties, equipment lessors, plan or reorganization proponents, and asset purchasers in areas including:
· Chapter 11 reorganizations
· out of court restructurings
· debtor-in-possession financing
· intercreditor relationships
· lender liability prevention and defense
Chambers USA ranks Ms. Kelbon as a leader in the fields of bankruptcy and restructuring in both Delaware and Pennsylvania. Chambers notes that she is "a very solid practitioner with a constructive approach to problem solving." Sources say she "'understands that bankruptcy is less a protracted legal exercise and more about getting the deal done.'" In addition, Ms. Kelbon has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Kelbon is on the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association and chair of the ABA's Business Bankruptcy Subcommittee on Corporate Governance. She serves as board member and executive committee member of the Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, where she is also the former president. In addition, Ms. Kelbon is the former vice chair of the ABA's Business Bankruptcy Subcommittees on Bankruptcy Claims, Fraud, and Abuse of Bankruptcy Process, Mass-Torts and Environmental Law, and Unconventional Bankruptcy Problems.
Ms. Kelbon serves as a mediator for the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. She frequently lectures and writes for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the American Bar Association on insolvency and restructuring issues.
· PFF Bancorp as counsel to the creditors' committee of bank holding company in its Chapter 11 case.
· Lower Bucks Hospital as counsel to the creditors' committee of local hospital system.
· Hussey Copper as counsel to Agent and Bank Group of largest US copper producer in its workout and then chapter 11 filing and sale of substantially all of its assets.
· Adams Produce Company in the representation of senior secured lender in the Chapter 11 of major regional food distributor in Southeastern PA.
· Fiber Tower as counsel to a national wireless carrier in acquisition of assets.
· Mortgage Lenders Network as lead counsel to the creditors' committee in the Chapter 11 of a subprime mortgage loan origination and servicing business.
· New Century Financial in a leading role as co-counsel to the creditors' committee in the Chapter 11 of one of the largest subprime mortgage lenders in the U.S.
· Brooklyn Hospital Center and Caledonian Health Center Inc. in the representation of debtor-in-possession lender in hospital system Chapter 11.
· Crouse Health Hospital as counsel to the creditors' committee in Chapter 11 case of hospital system.
· Delaware Valley Medical Center as special counsel to debtor to sell hospital and handle pension claims.
· Uniroyal Technologies as counsel to creditor of manufacturer of materials employing semi-conductor technologies and plastic vinyl coated fabrics.
· InaCom Corp as counsel to creditors' committee of billion dollar internet "pipeline" business in its Chapter 11.
· Today's Man as counsel to debtor in reorganization of men's superstore retail chain Chapter 11 case.
· AES Thames as counsel to creditors' committee in Chapter 11 of the operator of a Connecticut power plant.
· Thompson Publishing as counsel to the Agent in DIP lending facility and as stalking horse bidder in Chapter 11 case.
· Banner Aerospace/Fairchild Corporation as counsel to the institutional DIP lender in Chapter 11 case.
Community Service & Affiliations
Ms. Kelbon served on the Strategic Planning Committee for the Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
American Bar Association
American Bankruptcy Institute
Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project
Turnaround Management Association
Saint Joseph University Law Alumni Association
(Also at Wilmington, Delaware Office)
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,806 in weekly profile views out of 13,893 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#48,006 in weekly profile views out of 1,482,292 total lawyers Overall|