Ms. Rena Andoh is a partner in the Business Trials Practice Group in the firm's New York office. She is also a member of the firm's Electronic Discovery Group and Technology Committee.
Area of Practice
Ms. Andoh has a broad-ranging litigation practice. Ms. Andoh has substantial trial and arbitration hearing experience, including acting as lead counsel/first chair trial counsel in complex commercial matters. Ms. Andoh also maintains an active appellate practice and has argued before courts such as the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and the First Department of the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division.
Subject matters litigated at the trial and appellate levels include complex commercial, contract, intellectual property (including patent, trademark and copyright), trade secret/non-compete, employment, auditor defense, antitrust, securities, breach of fiduciary duty, class action (including TCPA and products liability), insurance recovery, legal malpractice, fraud, art provenance and ownership, interpleader, and clawback actions. In addition, she has experience with whistleblower claimants, internal investigations, and investigations by government agencies. Ms. Andoh has represented clients in the entertainment, financial, manufacturing, technology and pharmaceutical industries, among others. In addition to her substantial expertise with electronic discovery, Ms. Andoh routinely counsels clients on practical and legal issues relating to forensic preservation and analysis of electronic devices.
Ms. Andoh has extensive experience litigating in many state and federal jurisdictions, and has a particular expertise litigating in the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court system. She routinely handles expedited litigation such as restraining orders, attachments, and injunctions. Ms. Andoh has additionally litigated matters before many international and domestic arbitration forums, including AAA (and the ICDR), JAMS, FINRA, and the ICC.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Ms. Andoh was a professional violist.
•New York Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2014, 2015
•Seymour Goldstein Memorial Prize for Achievement in Labor Law, 2003
•FINRA Enforcement Actions--Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
INSIGHTS, September 2016
• Redaction In Discovery: The State Of Affairs In NY, Law360, July 31, 2015
• International Arbitration Update: Choosing A Forum In Disputes Arising Out Of India, The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, November 2013
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
• Second Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Short-Swing Profit Claim Against Goldman Sachs Arising from Six-Month Call Options, February 4, 2014
• Second Circuit Rules That Putative Auction Rate Securities Class Action Complaints Failed to Adequately Plead Antitrust Conspiracy, March 13, 2013
• The Second Circuit Finds No Section 16(b) Violation Where Different Securities of the Same Issuer Are Bought and Sold, January 10, 2012
New York Commercial Division Round Up Blog Posts
• The Commercial Division Reviews Arbitrations: Three Recent Decisions Clarify Standards For Actions Brought Pursuant To Article 75 of the CPLR, March 24, 2014
•“So You're Saying There's A Chance...”: Yellowstone Injunctions Alive and Well in the Commercial Division, October 29, 2013
• New York Court of Appeals Upholds Broad Choice of New York Law Provision in Contract Even in Absence of Contacts With New York, January 28, 2013
• First Department Affirms Commercial Division Ruling That Facts Arising After Litigation Commences Cannot Save An Otherwise Deficient Claim, November 7, 2012
• Buyer Beware: Court Decision Highlights Importance of Performing Careful Diligence, September 10, 2012
• Court of Appeals Clarifies Standard for Unjust Enrichment, July 16, 2012
• Court of Appeals Affirms Commercial Division Ruling Stating Creditors of SIV-Lites Have No Cause of Action for Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Tortious Interference Without a Contract, July 16, 2012
•Panelist, Having a Successful Summer: Tips for Summer Associates, New York City Bar, April 24, 2014