Richard A. Rosenbaum is the Chief Executive Officer of Greenberg Traurig, an international law firm of approximately 1750 lawyers and 36 offices around the globe, including 29 U.S. locations, which house the largest number of lawyers in that country among all the top firms. Richard joined the firm in 1985 as its 90th lawyer, and just as he has been a leader in its spectacular growth across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, navigating the changing times in which we live, he has been fiercely devoted to serving the firm's clients, lawyers and staff, and the communities in which they live and work, for the past 28 years.
Richard's personal practice has been diverse in every respect: matters have taken him throughout the country and around the world; he has handled clients ranging from wealthy individuals to emerging companies to the largest companies in the world; and his expertise touches upon real estate, entertainment, media, technology, investment and finance. When Richard is involved, one thing is always the same, his intense focus on leading a team that will deliver business results, quality service and real value for a fair price to every client while nimbly supporting their unique and ever-changing business needs.
Even before becoming CEO, Richard understood that the single most important tasks of that role in a professional services organization would be to preserve and enhance both the consistently high quality, and the collaborative, respectful and empowering culture of the firm. He is therefore particularly proud of his work in founding and developing the Firm's renowned "Commitment to Excellence" program years ago, a wide-ranging program which ensures that these values would be and remain the core aspects of the Firm's global brand.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2005-2014
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Honored, 2012 Man of the Year Award, Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, 2012
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Recipient, South Florida Business Leader magazine "Business Leader of the Year," Legal Category, 2011
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010
· Honoree, "For excellence in Real Estate," Police Athletic League's 5th Annual Building New York's Future Luncheon, September 2010
· Listed, Avenue magazine, "Legal Elite," Real Estate Law, April 2010
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2010
· Listed, Who's Who in American Law, 2005-2006
Professional Experience |
· Richard was an entrepreneur in the title insurance industry before becoming a lawyer, working as an independent service provider and, later, as a key participant in two successful agencies active in New York City and Long Island. He credits his early life experience, including attending law school in the evenings while supporting himself and his family, with the development of his business orientation, work ethic, focus on value and integrity, and pragmatic approach to issues of all kinds.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Quoted, "Calling All Unemployed Law Grads: Greenberg is Hiring," The American Lawyer, October 21, 2013
· Featured Interview, "Delivering Elite Practices and Real Value," Leaders Magazine, Volume 36, Number 4, Fall 2013
· Featured Interview, "The ATL Interrogatories: 10 Questions with Richard Rosenbaum from Greenberg Traurig," Above The Law, August 14, 2013
· Author, "Letter to the Editor: On the Future of Big Law," The American Lawyer, August 2, 2013
· Featured Interview, "Putting Culture and Relationships First," Leaders Magazine, Volume 35, Number 4, Fall 2012
· Featured Interview, "Independent Thinkers," Leaders Magazine, Volume 34, Number 4, October 2011