Richard is nationally recognized within the field of labor and employment law. His clients include Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, insurance companies, entertainment companies, cultural and nonprofit institutions, real estate firms, and health care organizations.
He regularly represents management in conducting human resource investigations, discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, and contract litigations and both companies and executives in the negotiation of employment, equity, and severance agreements. Richard advises, represents, and trains clients with respect to the full gamut of employment and labor issues, including sexual harassment prevention, personnel policies, employee discipline, layoffs, equity and compensation arrangements, independent contractor issues, disability and leave matters, employee handbooks, and a broad range of collective bargaining matters.
Richard is a frequent lecturer who has spoken before American Express Tax and Business Services, Inc., the Institute of Management and Administration, the Investment and Financial Services Association, the University of Pennsylvania, New York University's Annual Conference on Labor, and the New York City Bar, among others.
• Twenty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2015 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (09.16.2015)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2016 Edition, (08.17.2015)
• Twenty-Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.03.2014)
• Sixty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition, (08.18.2014)
•Quoted in Analysis: Wal-Mart Case Seen a Key Test in Struggle over Labor Rights, Reuters (01.16.2014)
• Eighteen Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (09.16.2013)
• Sixty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Edition, (08.15.2013)
• Twenty-Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (09.20.2012)
• Sixty Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 Edition, (08.24.2012)
• Forty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2012 Edition, (09.06.2011)
•Quoted in Attys See Lessons in NLRB Social Media Stats, Law360 (08.08.2011)
• Thirteen Mintz Levin Attorneys Named New York Super Lawyers, (10.05.2009)
• Thirty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2010 Edition, (07.31.2009)
• Twenty-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2009 Edition, (01.21.2009)
• Mintz Levin Expands Employment, Labor and Benefits Section in its New York Office, (01.14.2009)
•Co-author, No One Else Pays That, So Why Should I?, New York Food Review (02.2014)
•Co-author, Unpaid Intern: The Unpaid Employee?, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert (02.09.2012)
•Co-author, NLRB Requires Non-Union Employers to Post Unionization Rights Notices, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert (09.07.2011)
•Co-author, Social Media: HR Friend or Foe?, Law360 (05.31.2011)
•Co-author, Facebook Status Update: Protected Activity, Employment, Labor & Benefits Alert (11.17.2010)
Dick Block explains the implications of NLRA policies regarding the restriction of retaliation against employees engaging in protected activity for both union and non-union employers.
Recognitions & Awards
•Best Lawyers in America: Labor Law - Management (2016); Litigation - Labor & Employment (2005 - 2016)
•The Best in the U.S. (2008)
•New York Super Lawyers: Employment & Labor (2007 - 2009, 2012 - 2015)
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent