Mr. Murray practices as a civil litigator. He has extensive experience in the field of insurance defense litigation but concentrates his practice on the defense of professional liability claims. He has defended many physicians, dentists, hospitals, nurses, and other health care providers in malpractice lawsuits. He has defended hospitals in actions involving physicians objecting to the modification or revocation of their staff privileges, and has represented physicians and nurses in administrative proceedings before regulatory boards.
His practice is diversified. For example, he defended one of the nation's largest oil companies in an action by landowners claiming they suffered injuries and damages as a result of groundwater contamination. He also defended a general contractor in actions by property owners alleging negligence in the design, construction, and maintenance of a large apartment complex.
He has extensive deposition experience and expertise in all types of civil and commercial litigation.
Career Distinctions & Honors
· Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
· Colorado Super Lawyer, Personal Injury Defense, Medical Malpractice, 2012-2013
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
· Guest Lecturer, "Expert Witnesses, Health Law II," University of Colorado School of Law, 2010 and 2012
· Speaker, "Ethical Issues in Cross-Examining a Former Client," Colorado Defense Lawyer Association, July, 2012, Crested Butte, CO
· Speaker, "Trial Problems, Dentists Professional Liability Trust," Fall Retreat, 2010-2011
· Presenter, Trial Seminar Presented to Neonatal Nurses, The Children's Hospital, 2009-2010
· Presenter, "Closing Arguments," Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Annual Conference, August, 2007
· Presenter, Mock Trial, CHARM, May 3, 2007
· Presenter, Mock Trial, "Desoto v. LaQuinta," Dental Liability Trust, 2004
· Speaker, Medical Liability and Health Care Law, "Cross-examination of Parties and Experts," CLECI, 2004
· Speaker, "HIPPA: Privacy & Security - Beyond the Basics," Medical Educational Services, Inc., 2002
· Presentation, Nurses Day, Platte Valley Medical Center, Medical Malpractice Overview, 2002
· Speaker, Obstetrical Malpractice Seminar, "View From the Trench: Nuts and Bolts of Obstetrical Malpractice Litigation," Seminar sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group, 2002
· Author, "Confidentiality of Medical Records and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996," The Colorado Lawyer, March, 2001, vol. 30, no. 3
· Arbitrator, Nursing Home Professional Liability Matter, 2012
· Hearing Officer, Northern Colorado Medical Center Physician, Professional Review Hearing, 2010
· General Counsel to the Colorado Medical Society, 2006-2008
· Provided drafting and testimonial support before Colorado Legislature for C.R.S §§ 25-38-101 et seq., Physician Designation Act, 2008
· Provided drafting and testimonial support before Colorado Legislature for C.R.S. §§ 25-37-101, et seq., Contracting with Health Care Professionals, 2007