- Banking / Financial Services
- Bankruptcy / Workouts
- Commercial Restructuring / Bankruptcy
- Real Estate
- Financial Services
- Hotels / Leisure
|University ||University of Illinois, B.A., Finance, 1964|
|Law School||Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1975|
Richard Carmody joined Adams and Reese in 2003 as part of a merger with an Alabama law firm in which he had practiced since 1975. He practices primarily in the area of insolvency law ("C&I"), and has a network of referral sources that he has developed throughout his career. A founding member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, Richard has a nationwide reputation for solid counsel in the field of C&I.
As one of the firm's principal bankruptcy attorneys, Richard represents clients in difficult financial matters. He also provides counsel to lenders for complex commercial transactions and internal policies. In 1992, he became the first lawyer in Alabama to become certified as a specialist in Business Bankruptcy by the American Board of Certification.
His significant contributions and honors include:
· Representing clients with a broad spectrum of interests in difficult financial situations, including secured lenders in documenting loans and loan work outs, unsecured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings, debtors in bankruptcy reorganizations, trustees in special bankruptcy litigation matters and purchasers of assets from bankruptcy estates.
· Representing clients in Bankruptcy Courts in the three Federal Districts in Alabama, as well as Delaware, New York, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas and, Arkansas. He has prosecuted and defended financial institutions in federal and state courts on matters involving every facet of commercial law, including the Uniform Commercial Code.
· Providing counsel to lenders and borrowers in complex commercial lending transactions, including forestry and agricultural loans. He has assisted in the development of lending forms and lending policies for financial institutions, most recently assisting a Top 10 bank with marine lending documentation and related policies.
· Induction as a
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#541 in weekly profile views out of 5,360 lawyers in Birmingham, Alabama|
|#140,279 in weekly profile views out of 1,500,634 total lawyers Overall|