Robert A. Soriano focuses his practice on bankruptcy litigation, business restructuring and creditor rights representation. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for 22 years, was given the highest rating in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers, and is listed in Florida Super Lawyers.
Prior to joining the firm, Robert served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Mark A. Costantino, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of New York, and practiced in New York at Skadden Arps before coming to Florida.
Professional & Community Involvement
· American College of Bankruptcy (Fellow)
· Founding Director, Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
· Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, American Law Institute
· Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
· Member, New York Bar
· Member, The Florida Bar
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy, 1993-2014
- "Lawyer of the Year," Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Tampa, 2014
· Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, "Law Firm of the Year" in Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2009-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Top 100 Lawyers in Florida, 2006-2013
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Bankruptcy Law, 2006-2010, 2012
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented Sovereign Bank, as agent for secured bank group in the Taylor Bean & Whitaker Mortgage Corporation Chapter 11 case.
· Represented numerous purchasers of property in bankruptcy cases and distressed debt.
· Represented Anchor Glass Container Corporation, as debtor in possession, in two Chapter 11 reorganization cases - a 2002 equity restructuring that left Cerberus Capital in control of the company, and a 2007 restructuring of half a billion dollars of debt.°
· Represented senior secured lenders in the Chapter 11 reorganization case of Lykes Bros. Steamship Co., Inc.°
· Represented not-for-profit hospital system in a Chapter 11 reorganization case that resulted in repayment of all creditors in full, with interest.°
° The above representations were handled by Mr. Soriano prior to joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Contributing Editor, Collier Bankruptcy Practice Guide, LexisNexis
· Contributing Editor, Chapter 11 Theory and Practice: A Guide to Reorganization, LRP Publications
· Speaker, "The Mix of Bankruptcy and Taxes: A Nuts and Bolts Session to Explore Evolving Bankruptcy Tax Issues and Trends," Institute for Professionals in Taxation's Property Tax Symposium, Tampa, FL, November 11-14, 2012
· Speaker, "The Annual Judge Alexander L. Paskay Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice," American Bankruptcy Institute
(Also at Orlando Office)