Mr. McNeal represents businesses as lead litigation counsel in a variety of environmental, employment, commercial, and tort matters in both federal and state courts. In addition, he advises clients regarding energy and environmental regulatory matters.
He has extensive experience in litigation concerning the cleanup of legacy oilfield properties, including handling a large number of these cases in trial and appellate courts. Additionally, he has worked on a broad range of litigation associated with other environmental and energy issues, including numerous class actions, environmental citizen suits, refinery-related litigation, pipeline matters, oil & gas disputes, landfill suits and commercial litigation. He has represented clients in environmental disputes with Louisiana regulators. He has also handled a substantial number of employment discrimination lawsuits in federal and state courts and ERISA cases.
Mr. McNeal was formerly trial counsel for an integrated oil company and is familiar with upstream and downstream operations and related legal issues.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Best Lawyers' 2013 New Orleans Environmental Law "Lawyer of the Year"
· The Best Lawyers in America, 2007-2014
· Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Environment: Litigation, 2007-2013
· Louisiana Super Lawyers
· New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law Class of 2012
· American Employment Law Counsel
· Environmental Law Institute
· Federal Bar Association
· Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
· Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
· Louisiana Bar Foundation
· Louisiana State Bar Association
· Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
· "Act 312 (Legacy Site) Plan Approval Process," Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Annual Seminar, Louisiana Oil & Gas: From SONRIS to Sunset (2013)
· Adjunct Professor, Vanderbilt Law School (2012)
· Lecturer, University of Houston Law Center (2012)
· "Deposing Non-Medical Opposing Experts," Louisiana State Bar Association Mastering the Deposition: Tips & Techniques Seminar (2012)
· "Laws Governing Legacy Sites in Louisiana," Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Annual Seminar, Louisiana Oil & Gas: From SONRIS to Sunset (2012)
· "The Limited Admission at Trial," Louisiana Oil & Gas: Legacy Lawsuit Seminar & Legislative Recap (2012)
· "Louisiana Legacy Litigation Update," Liskow & Lewis Energy Law Seminar (2011)
· "Louisiana Ground Water Resources," Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Annual Seminar, Louisiana Oil & Gas: From SONRIS to Sunset (2011)
· "Ethical Issues and Communications When Dealing With State or Federal Agencies," Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Annual Seminars, Louisiana Oil & Gas: From SONRIS to Sunset (2008-2010)
· "Louisiana Oilfield Cleanup Litigation," Tulane Environmental Law Seminar (2007)
· "Act 312: Louisiana's New Oilfield Cleanup Legislation," La. State Bar Assn Envtl. Section Meeting (2006)
· "The Dischargeability of Environmental Liabilities in Bankruptcy", 6 Tul. Envt. L. J. 1 (1992)
· "Awarding Fees to Prevailing Party Discourages Frivolous Suits", 21 The Envtl. Forum 3 (2004)
· "Louisiana Legislature Modifies Oilfield Cleanup Legislation," The Energy Law Blog (2012)