Bob Gang has practiced law for 40 years, 39 of which have been devoted to the field of public finance. He served as Co-Chair of the National Public Finance Practice for 10 years. Bob has also represented Florida public school districts for over 25 years.
Areas of Concentration
· Public finance
· Special taxing districts
· General municipal
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
· Member, Local Government Law Section of The Florida Bar
· Director and Assistant Treasurer, Florida Grand Opera
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, 2006-2014
- "Lawyer of the Year," Miami Public Finance Law, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2009-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2009
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Served primarily as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriters counsel in all types of public finance transactions within the state of Florida and in other states.
· Served as bond counsel for nine Florida school districts, including four of the five largest districts in Florida, and serves as disclosure/underwriter's counsel for several other Florida school districts.
· Represented charter schools and not-for-profit private schools and universities in structuring their capital programs.
· Has wide-ranging experience in utility financing, both as bond counsel and underwriters or disclosure counsel, for governmental and private utility systems such as Lee and Charlotte Counties, the Cities of Sunrise and Hollywood, Florida, the Town of Davie, Florida, Bonita Springs Utility Authority and Reedy Creek Improvement District.
· Participated in development and financing of solid waste disposal systems for the state of Rhode Island and for Palm Beach, Orange, Pasco and Lee Counties, Florida. Serves as disclosure counsel for the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, Florida.
· Has represented direct support organizations in issuing bonds "on behalf of" governmental educational institutions.
· Represented special taxing districts, community development districts and educational facilities benefit districts in financing public infrastructure.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
Lectured and served on panels for numerous organizations including:
· Florida School Finance Officers Association
· Florida School Board Attorneys Association
· Florida Association of District School Superintendents
· Council of Great City Schools
· American Governmental Leasing Association
· Bond Buyer Public Finance Conference
· Urban Land Institute
· Florida Government Finance Officers Association (2011)