Bob Hull has 33 years of experience in the areas of general business, corporate (for-profit and non-profit), commercial and residential real estate, leasing, banking and finance law.
Mr. Hull's real estate practice focuses on commercial and residential real estate development, acquisitions, dispositions and financings, title examinations and title insurance matters, commercial lending and retail and office leasing transactions. Mr. Hull works with real estate developers, buyers, sellers and lenders in all aspects of real estate transactions. Mr. Hull frequently advises out-of-state lenders on North Carolina legal issues and renders legal opinions for such lenders on North Carolina transactions.
Mr. Hull also regularly assists clients in handling various corporate and business matters, negotiating contracts and carrying out business transactions of all types. He advises clients regarding company formation matters, ongoing management and ownership issues as well as merger and acquisition transactions. He also prepares Wills and Trusts and advises clients with respect to business succession planning and other estate planning matters.
Active in the local community, Mr. Hull has served in leadership roles with the Mecklenburg County Bar, UNC Charlotte Athletic Foundation, St. Patrick's Catholic Church and House of Mercy and has also coached numerous youth sports teams. Mr. Hull has served several terms on the Firm's Board of Directors.
· General (outside) Counsel to Charlotte Regional REALTOR® Association, Carolina Multiple Listing Services, Inc. and affiliated companies and has represented other regional REALTOR® Associations on various engagements.
· Represents various parties in numerous business transactions, including stock and asset acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, joint ventures and other similar transactions for private and public companies.
· Represented regional airline and original shareholders in initial public stock offering and other on-going corporate and securities compliance matters.
· Advises clients on rights and duties of directors, officers and shareholders and related corporate governance matters.
· Advises many family businesses in connection with generational transfer of control issues.
· Represents numerous commercial lenders in negotiating, structuring, restructuring and documenting loan transactions secured by real estate and other collateral.
· Represents clients in the acquisition, leasing, financing, development and disposition of commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use real estate projects.
· Represents landlords and tenants in retail, office and industrial leasing transactions.
· Represented an equipment leasing company in a multi-million dollar financing of new and amended loans.
· Represented a motorsports company in a multi-million dollar line of credit refinancing.
· Represented Seller in connection with disposition of multi-state food brokerage business.
· Represented several clients in private securities offerings.
· Represented several clients in connection with the creation of restrictive covenants for residential and commercial developments.
· Represented a local college in connection with the leasing of a dormitory for mixed-used purposes.
"Building business relationships on the golf course"
Attorney Bob Hull speaks with the Charlotte Business Journal about mixing golf and business.
Nexsen Pruet Moves into New Space in Charlotte
The firm's new offices will be located on the 15th floor of the Carillon Building. That's on the corner of Trade and Poplar Streets.
Civic & Professional Memberships
· American Bar Association
· Mecklenburg County Bar Association
· North Carolina Bar Association
· North Carolina State Bar
· University of North Carolina at Charlotte Athletic Foundation
· House of Mercy Board of Directors