Robert I. Wexler focuses on corporate matters such as mergers and acquisitions, the creation of investment vehicles, venture capital transactions and the financing of public and private entities. He also represents commercial banking institutions in both acquisition and other types of financings.
Areas of Concentration
· Corporate law
· Financial institutions
· Investment management
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
· Member, New York State Bar Association
· Member, Bergen County Bar Association, Corporate and Business Section
· Member, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
· Chairman, "Open Hearts Open Homes" Program of Bergen County YJCC
· Board of Trustees, New Jersey Hall of Fame
· Board of Trustees, St. Anthony High School, Jersey City, New Jersey
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2013-2014
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Team Member, Lexology's Client Choice Award USA & Canada, United States: New Jersey, 2013
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Representation of both public and privately-held companies in transactions including:
- The creation of a "master-feeder" hedge fund structure with domestic and Cayman Islands issuers managed by a major U.S.-based investment adviser.
- The $250 million financing of a New Jersey-based international apparel company.
- The financing of a New York-based international litigation funder.
- The sale of a New York-based IT service provider to the home health care sector to a public issuer.
- The $17 million venture capital investment in Webenergy.Net, Inc. d/b/a Consumer Power Line, a New York-based provider of demand response solutions.
- The venture capital investment in Tiger Optics, LLC, a Pennsylvania-based designer and manufacturer of continuous wave cavity ring-down spectorscope (CW-CRDS) instruments.
- The venture capital investment in SensorTran, Inc., a Texas-based provider of disturbed temperature sensing (DTS) solutions for asset and environmental monitoring.
- The $7 million venture capital investment in Agile Systems, Inc., a Waterloo, Ontario-based designer and manufacturer of advanced motion control technology.
- The venture capital investment in Biorem Technologies, Inc., an Ontario-based supplier of biofilters.
- The revolving credit facility to a leading footwear manufacturer.
- The revolving credit facility to a premier sewing machine manufacturer.
- The creation of a domestic hedge fund managed by a former partner of one of the largest domestic hedge funds.
- The construction financing for premier manufacturer of salad dressings and sauces.
- The acquisition of a manufacturer of liquid and gas separators based in Detroit, Michigan.
- The $62 million acquisition of the multinational industrial filtration division of a publicly-listed issuer.
- The DM $44 million acquisition of a manufacturer of liquid filtration products based in Nettersheim, Germany.
- The acquisition of acquisition of a trenchless pipeline rehabilitation enterprise operating in the New York metropolitan region by a St. Louis-based Nasdaq National Market issuer.
- The sale of a national magazine publishing company to a public issuer for $102 million in registered shares.
- The sale of a family application restart software products by a New Jersey-based developer to a public issuer.
- The sale of a family of security application software by a New Jersey-based developer.
° Certain of the above matters were handled by Mr. Wexler prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.