- Complex Litigation
- Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
|University ||Georgetown University, B.S.B.A., 1986|
|Law School||Emory University, J.D., 1989|
|Admitted||1990, Rhode Island; 1991, U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island; 1998, Massachusetts; 2002, District of Columbia and U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island|
Rhode Island Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
|Born||Providence, Rhode Island, December 6, 1964|
Bob practices in the firm's Litigation Management Group. Bob has successfully tried numerous jury trials in both Rhode Island and Massachusetts, including medical malpractice actions, personal injury actions and criminal matters. He presently serves on the National Litigation Management Team for a Fortune 20 pharmacy chain. He has represented the client before judges and juries in the states where he is admitted and has conducted mediations and arbitrations throughout the country. In his role, he has reduced the costs incurred for legal fees of the corporation while ensuring consistency in legal services. He has worked with the client to identify litigation trends while also identifying areas where the client can reduce costs while not sacrificing quality. Bob and the Litigation Management team have embraced the new developments in how legal services are provided and have established metrics for monitoring their success in that regard.
• Bob performed the Risk Analysis as part of our client's acquisition of a chain of medical clinics. In doing so he performed a top to bottom investigation of the target company's business model and worked with experts and practitioners to identify areas of exposure and how to improve policies and procedures to improve patient safety.
• Bob served on the Judicial Performance Evaluation Committee of the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
• Bob is an Approved Arbitrator for the Superior Court of Rhode Island.
• The Superior Court of Rhode Island has also accepted him as an authority in the area of case and law firm valuations.
Before Edwards Wildman
Bob began his career as a prosecutor with the RI Department of Attorney General. In that position he tried hundreds of bench and jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and narcotics cases to homicides. He also directed Grand Jury investigations and served as Chief of the Newport County office of the Department. Bob then joined Wistow and Barylick, a prominent plaintiff's litigation firm where he litigated and tried medical malpractice, commercial and employment matters. He later directed the litigation department of a general firm, Calenda and Iacoi, where he handled malpractice, employment, probate and general negligence matters.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Bob serves on the Board of Directors of Ronald McDonald House of RI and previously served as Vice Chairman of the East Greenwich School Committee and as a member of the East Greenwich Zoning Board. He enjoys cooking, golf and travel.
Edwards Wildman's Bob Durant Named to the Board of Directors of the Ronald McDonald House of Rhode Island
August 1, 2013
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#282 in weekly profile views out of 2,854 lawyers in Providence, Rhode Island|
|#114,626 in weekly profile views out of 1,606,920 total lawyers Overall|