ROBERT K. BESTE, JR. has been a Partner in the Wilmington office of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC since March of 2004 and has been engaged in the general practice of law in Delaware since 1975. Throughout his career, Bob's primary emphasis has been civil litigation. He also has extensive experience in estate planning, real estate, landlord/tenant issues, family law, bankruptcy, debt collection, foreclosures, construction matters and environmental insurance claims. Bob has expanded his practice to perform extensive work at 17 Delaware nursing homes.
In addition, Bob devotes substantial time to the practice of personal injury litigation. He has authored a 350-page, hard-bound treatise, published in 2003, entitled Automobile Injury and Insurance Claims: Delaware Law and Practice. The book is widely circulated throughout Delaware and is used by judges, attorneys, and insurance representatives as a reference guide. A ninth supplement to the book will be printed in September 2012 and is published annually, and now itself exceeds 250 pages of up-to-date summaries of the most current Delaware law.
· Kentmere Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - Member; Board of Directors
· Delaware Healthcare Facilities Association (DHCFA) - Member; Former Member of the Board of Professional Responsibility
· Delaware State Bar Association (DSBA) - Member of the Committee on Professional Ethics (Co-Chairman 2005-2009); Member of the Professional Guidance Committee; Member of the Alternate Dispute Resolution Section
· Family Court of Delaware - Certified mediator and a former special visitation master
· Delaware Supreme Court Permanent Advisory Committee on the Delaware Lawyers' Rules of Professional Conduct
· Stonewold Maintenance Corporation