Mr. Cohen is the senior partner in the firm's health care practice group. He serves as engagement partner for many of the firm's largest health care clients. His practice focus is on health care transactions, particularly those involving hospitals and physician practices. Mr. Cohen has served as lead transaction counsel in multiple hospital-physician joint ventures and other forms of hospital-physician integration throughout the country, including recent cardiology and other specialty practice acquisitions. He also has represented parties in transactions involving the acquisition and/or merger of hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers and many other types of health care providers.
Mr. Cohen is listed in the 2014 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America (Health Care).
• Counsel for acquisition of academic medical center.
• Counsel for asset acquisition of multispecialty physician practice.
• Transaction counsel/facilitator in connection with cardiology and other specialty practice/hospital integration transactions.
• Transaction counsel for structuring of hospital-physician joint ventures to own and operate ambulatory surgery centers, endoscopy centers, diagnostic imaging centers, radiation therapy centers, sleep labs, cardiovascular services facilities, whole and specialty hospitals and other clinical providers.
• Transaction counsel for formation of specialty spine hospital with nonprofit hospital and physician investors.
• Counsel for multiple acquisitions of hospitals, surgery centers, imaging centers and other health care providers.
• Counsel to large, multispecialty physician practice for formation of joint venture with publicly traded hospital company to purchase and operate a general hospital.
• Counsel to nonprofit health system with respect to multi-state disposition of hospitals to another nonprofit system.
• Transaction counsel to facilitate joint operating agreement between two nonprofit systems for operation of hospitals.
• Transaction counsel for structuring of provider-based joint ventures for operation of radiation therapy, cardiac and imaging services.
•Counsel to multispecialty physician practice group for sale of practice assets to a nonprofit health system and structuring of new entity to employ physicians.
• Counsel for structuring of clinical co-management agreements in the areas of orthopedics, spine, cardiovascular, general surgery and hospitalist services.
August 18, 2014 2015 Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 56 Kutak Rock Attorneys
Kutak Rock is pleased to announce that 56 of its attorneys are included in the 21st edition of The Best Lawyers in America publication.
May 23, 2014 Kutak Rock Recognized by Chambers USA
Kutak Rock is pleased to announce its Arkansas, Kansas and Nebraska offices and attorneys are honored in the 2014 Chambers USA guide to the best law firms and lawyers.
August 15, 2013 Record Number of Kutak Rock Attorneys Named Best Lawyers Forty-seven Kutak Rock attorneys reprenting 10 of the firm's 16 offices have been listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2014.
September 7, 2012 Best Lawyers Increase by 50% to 45 attorneys Forty-five Kutak Rock lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2013.
March 14, 2012 Summary of CMS Proposed Overpayment Rule
On February 16, 2012, in order to implement section 6402(a) of the PPACA, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a proposed rule relating to the report and return of overpayments.
August 3, 2011 Chambers: 24 Midwest 'Leading Business Lawyers'
Firm Applauded by Clients, Peers for Attorney Abilities and Conduct
August 3, 2010 Chambers: 24 Midwest 'Leading Business Lawyers'
May 5, 2011 Summary of New Proposed Rules For Accountable Care Organizations
Through last year's enactment of the Affordable Care Act, provisions were added to the Social Security Act that established the Medicare Shared Savings Program (SSP).
•2014 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
•2014 Best Lawyers (Health Care)