Bob Grossman began practicing securities, M&A and corporate law in the firm's Miami office in 1982. With wide-ranging experience taking companies public, acquiring and selling companies, and as a business advisor, Bob brings a practical business-oriented approach to his clients' problems, focusing on accomplishing his clients' objectives effectively and efficiently. He has represented a diverse collection of public and private companies, including companies in the medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, health care, energy and natural resources, technology and software, and communications industries.
Bob is the Co-Chair of the firm's Israel Practice and is a frequent business visitor to Israel. In addition to representing Israeli companies, the firm's Israel Practice Group provides assistance to Israeli and U.S. companies through introductions to strategic partners. Greenberg Traurig's broad client base and network of offices and other resources are significant components of this process.
Areas of Concentration
· Public offerings
· Other diverse industry representations
· Israeli businesses
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Greater Miami Jewish Federation, Yerucham Development Committee, 2007-Present
- Board Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Chairman, Agency, Day School and Synagogue Campaign, 2003-2005
- Past Chairman, South Dade Branch
· Board Member, Project Interchange, Board of Directors, 2005-Present
· Board Member, Jewish National Fund, Board of Directors, 2005-Present
· Board Member, Children's Bereavement Center, Board of Directors, 2001-Present
· Board Member, Temple Beth Am, Board of Directors, 2003-2005
· Chairman, Executive Institute of Organization for Leadership Advancement in Miami, 2001-2003
· Chairman, South Dade Israel Task Force (formed first Victims of Terror in Israel Fund and developed South Dade Israel Awareness Week), 2001-2003
· Member, Florida Bar, Corporate Law Subcommittee, 1995-1997
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Dade County Bar Association
· Past Chairman and Co-Founder, South Dade Jewish Leadership Council
· Past Chairman, National UJA Young Leadership Cabinet, Miami Division
· Past Member, Dave and Mary Alper Jewish Community Center, Board of Directors and Executive Committee
· Past Member, The Beacon Council, Executive Committee
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, Martindale-Hubbell and ALM, "2013 Top Rated Lawyer" - Securities Law, 2013
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Chambers Global, Corporate/M&A, 2011-2013
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, "South Florida's Top Lawyers," 2007-2013
· Listed, Chambers & Partners USA Guide, "Top Corporate/M&A Lawyer in Florida," 2006-2008, 2013
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study" by Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate (Domestic) Category," 2012
· Recommended, PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook, 2009
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006
· Listed, Daily Business Review, "South Florida's Top Dealmakers of the Year in Mergers & Acquisitions," 2005
· Recipient, "Put Something Back Corporate Award," Eleventh Judicial Circuit and Dade County Bar Association, 2003
· Recipient, Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- "Stanley C. Myers Presidents' Leadership Award," 1999
- "Robert Russell Leadership Award," 1998
· Listed, South Florida Business Review, "Most Effective Lawyers"
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented Israeli pharmaceutical company Immune Pharmaceuticals Ltd. in a reverse triangular merger with EpiCept Corporation, a U.S. and Swedish publicly traded biopharmaceutical company, whereby Immune became a wholly owned subsidiary of, and Immune's shareholders obtained a controlling interest in, EpiCept, which is now known as Immune Pharmaceuticals Inc.
· Represented a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), a subsidiary of a public company, with its approximately $120 million acquisition of substantially all of the assets and assumption of certain of the liabilities of another MVNO that provides prepaid SIM cards to its customers.
· Represented Castle Brands, Inc., developer and international marketer of premium and super premium alcoholic beverage brands, in a private placement (PIPE) of convertible preferred stock and warrants to various investors, including the conversion of various tranches of the issuer's existing debt into preferred stock.
· Represented Nervomatrix, Ltd., an Israeli medical device company, in connection with an investment by an Ohio private equity/venture capital fund.
· Represented the representative of the shareholders of Beeologics in its sale of all the stock of Beeologics Holdings Limited, a Cyprus entity, and Beeologics, Inc., a BVI entity, to Monsanto Company.
· Represented OPKO Health, Inc. (NYSE: OPK) in connection with its acquisition of Claros Diagnostics, Inc. a private company engaged in the development and marketing of medical diagnostic devices.
· Represented Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services, Inc. in its acquisition of Securities America and its subsidiaries.
· Represented IVAX Corporation in its merger with TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
· Represented Frost Group in investment in Protalix and in the transaction by which Protalix became a public company.
· Represents various life science companies in private placement and corporate transactions and matters.
· Represents Prolor Biotech Inc., Opko Health Inc., Ladenburg Thalmann & Co Inc., Castle Brands, Inc., Safestitch Medical Inc., Non-Invasive Monitoring System Inc. and other companies as outside securities counsel.
· Represented Devcon International Corp. in its acquisition of Adelphia electronic security services assets.
· Represented various underwriters in public offerings, including public offerings of Israeli companies.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Mentioned, "Cleveland Clinic Attracts Israeli Companies with its Smart Money," Medical Device Daily, July 1, 2010
· Quoted, "Greenberg Traurig Israel Network Paying Off," Jerusalem Post, July 2, 2006
· Mentioned, Two Articles Covering the 3rd Annual Life Sciences Mission to Israel, Globes, June 29, 2006
· Mentioned, "American and Canadian Institutional Investors, Managing Over $1 Trillion, to Participate in the Annual High-Tech and Venture Capital Conference of the Israel Venture Association (IVA)," Forbes.com, May 25, 2006
· Featured, "Marathon Talks Sealed Sale of Drug-Maker IVAX," Daily Business Review, February 23,2006
· Announcement, Put Something Back Corporate Award, Sun-Sentinel, June 20, 2003
· Announcement, Put Something Back Corporate Award, Florida Newspaper, June 18, 2003
· Quoted, "Rules, Economy Challenge the Bottom Line This Year," The South Florida Business Journal, Week of January 6, 2003
· Quoted, "Bankruptcies, Fraud Scandal Hit Region," The South Florida Business Journal, Week of December 30, 2002
· Quoted, "Law Firm Reaches Out to Startups in Israel," Miami Daily Business Review, November 19, 2002
· Panel Moderator, "What is the IPO Process?" BDO, Greenberg Traurig and Marsh IPO Readiness Seminar, Hollywood, FL, May 25, 2010
· Panel Moderator, "Common Texas/Israel Water Opportunities in the 21st Century," Texas-Israel Cleanovation Event, Austin, TX, February 22, 2010
· Panelist, WATEC Israel, Tel Aviv Exhibit Center, Tel Aviv, Israel, November 17-19, 2009
· Panel Moderator, "How to Add Value Beyond Governance," Florida Chapter of The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 6, 2008
· Panelist, "Going Public-The Process, the Legal Aspects, the Various Alternatives," The Israeli Association of Publicly Traded Companies, The Semi-Annual Financial Conference, Tel Aviv, Israel, November 8, 2006
· Panel Moderator, "The 'EXIT' Path (Mergers & Acquisitions)," Hi-Tech and Venture Capital Conference, Israel Venture Association (IVA), Tel Aviv, Israel, June 20, 2006
· Panelist, "Cross Border M&As," The Israel Bar Association's Annual Meeting, Eilat, Israel, May 23, 2006
· Panelist, "Exit Strategies for Biotech Companies," International Biotechnology Conference, The Scripps/Oxford, Palm Beach, FL, November 13-15, 2005
· Panelist, "Israeli VCs- Bridging Capital and Opportunities," Hi-Tech Venture Capital Conference, Israel Venture Association (IVA), Santa Clara, CA, November 10, 2005
· Panel Moderator, "U.S. Capital Market Opportunities for Israeli Companies," 2nd Annual Life Sciences Mission to Israel, Jerusalem, Israel, June 30, 2005
· Panel Moderator, "Building the Community: Economic and Non-Economic Indicators," Scripps/Oxford International Biotechnology Conference, Palm Beach, FL, November 15, 2005
· Speaker, "Selected Laws and Regulations Affecting Public Companies," Session on U.S. PATRIOT Act and Anti-Money Laundering Procedures: Protecting Your Franchise, 3rd Annual Bear Stearns Central American/Caribbean Conference, Biscayne, FL, September 26, 2003