Mr. Angelico heads the firm's federal, state and local tax practice group. He focuses on assisting multinational, national and local clients on Louisiana state and local tax matters.
He has substantial experience in audit and administrative appeals, and he works extensively with the Louisiana Department of Revenue and local taxing authorities around the state. He represents clients involved in state tax litigation and parish and local tax litigation, at both the trial and appellate court levels.
Mr. Angelico successfully represented a major oil refinery in a complex sales and use tax dispute. He draws on his expertise in Louisiana state and local taxes to advise clients in planning formations, restructurings, acquisitions and dispositions. In the area of energy litigation, he has experience with severance and other state and local tax litigation matters.
A certified public accountant, Mr. Angelico also assists corporate, business and non-profit organizations and individual clients with federal tax planning and federal tax dispute resolution.
He is an active member and leader in national and local professional tax and accounting organizations. Mr. Angelico currently serves as President-Elect of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants (LCPA) for which he will serve as President in 2010. In 2004, he was recognized by the LCPA with its Outstanding CPA in Business and Industry Award and Outstanding Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Discussion Leader Award.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants- President 2010-2011, President-Elect Board Member 2009-2010; At-large Board Member; Louisiana Tax Conference Committee, Member; Legislation Steering Committee Task Force, Member
· Board Certified Tax Specialist
· Louisiana State Bar Association - Taxation Section, Past Chairman
· Louisiana Bar Foundation - fellow
· Society of Louisiana CPAs - Recipient, 2004 Outstanding CPA in Business and Industry Award and Outstanding Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Discussion Leader Award
· New Orleans Chapter of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants - Past President
· Institute for Professionals in Taxation - Member
· American Bar Association Taxation Section, State and Local Taxes Committee - Member
· New Orleans, Louisiana State, and American Bar Associations - Member
· The Best Lawyers in America, 2003-2014
· New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law Award, 2007
· Certified Public Accountant, 1980
· New Orleans Speech and Hearing Center - Past President, 1997 - 1999; Past Board Member
· Daughters of Charity Health Services of New Orleans - Board of Directors
· Council for a Better Louisiana - Member
· 1995 Leadership Louisiana Class - Member
· Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Corporate/M&A: Tax, 2013
· Best Lawyers ' 2013 New Orleans Tax Law "Lawyer of the Year"
· Seminar instructor for the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants for the past several years, including their programs: "Louisiana Ad Valorem Taxation" and "Louisiana Tax Incentive Programs"
· UNO Energy Accounting and Tax Conference presentations
· Louisiana Tax Conferences of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants - speaker on Louisiana state and local tax developments
· Louisiana Supreme Court Reaffirms the Traditional Three-Part Test for the Sales and Use Tax Raw Material Exclusion
· Mr. Angelico frequently writes on all areas of Louisiana state and local tax.
· "Special Report on Legal Specialization: Keeping Watch," (with Lindsay Young of Biz NewOrleans magazine) BizNewOrleans 112 (April 2005)